[2] too soon

・❥・

CLEO's POV

i've had a few days to settle in but today was the first where i'd be going to one of mason's practices. "you remember how to play right?" how can i not? i'm the reason mason even got good. i may be younger but i pushed him as if i were the older sister so he could be on this team.

so wheres my trophy?

the car ride there was fun, too. we stopped by a gas station and he bought me snacks so i wouldn't starve.

the rest of the way was just us listening to taylor swift.

mid lip-sync, he hit the break so fast i swear i could've gone flying. "that hurt like hell." the back of my head would agree if it could.

"blame the driving instructor i had, not me."i sigh but unbuckle my seatbelt and take my bag with me where i'll just be doing some work from the stands. i know i'm on vacation but these will be so useful before i get bombarded again to have to post when i get back.

my phone was on mute this entire time but when i turned it on, it was the groupchat with the team who has nothing better to do.

walking up, the receptionist greets us and we make it all the way but we have to depart so he can change. "don't get lost." camp nou is way bigger and i've only gotten lost like twice, i'm sure i'll be fine. "give this to trent for me while you're in there."

i totally forgot to give him the signed lewandowski shirt he asked for before i left.

he's the second biggest fanboy i know. he gets it from me.

i assume if i go straight, i'll eventually find a door to go out to the stands but that isn't the case and instead i enter an office so i'm definitely not in the right place. i continue walking and pass by the cafeteria.

i hope they're making something good.

that shouldn't even be my biggest concern when i give up and realize that i'm lost.

the least i can do is find my way out of here and find someone. maybe if i text one of the guys they can find me and lead me the hell out of here. seriously, how did i manage to end up here?

i pass by a gym and made a turn, assuming the stands would be there when i bump into someone because i was still trying to type out for help. "i'm so sorry, i wasn't looking-"

i dropped their water bottle so i picked that up before i could even see who it was.

and in that moment, it feels like my soul left my body. "cleo?"

"jude?"

i haven't even been here an hour. i knew i was gonna have to see him but this is the worst place especially when we're alone. "i thought... i thought you were in barcelona."

did no one tell him at all? "i'm here for the month as a vacation." kinda wishing i hadn't come at all now. the silence was loud and the tension was killing me. "no accent?" those 'stupid spanish boys' got it out of me.

when i see his face i can only think back to everything. "it's been two years, what'd you expect?" but it's only been one since we broke up.

he did everything to keep our long distance relationship. all it took was rumors to make it seem like it was all for nothing. that was so stupid of him. "um... when'd you get here?"

why is he even trying to make a conversation out of this run in? "three days ago." he nods slightly and digs his hands into his pocket. he did that a lot when he was nervous or didn't have a clue in the world of what to do next. i studied him a lot in our relationship.