[10] fond farewell

・❥・

CLEO's POV

"um... wanna talk? you've been off all morning." mason says to me from across the island. meanwhile my cheerios taste salty. "why're you crying? did jude do this?!" it's crazy how fast he's pointing fingers. but i nod anyways and he comes around. "what'd he say this time?"

"it's not about what he said, it's about what i said,"

i don't know why it's so hard for me to accept the fact that i told jude we should completely move on. although closure was all i needed, it feels so wrong. "we talked about everything last night and i told him it was done for good," but the worst part was his side of the story.

"he told me how he felt while i was in barcelona and that he broke up with me for the sake of my happiness. he really thought everything would be better if he was out the picture."

it answered so many questions i had.

"what?" mason being my brother took my side. it also answered so many of his questions as to why jude broke up with me in the first place. "i felt awful, mason. he told me i should feel anything but. except i can't knowing i didn't bother to listen to how he felt."

if i had made the time, saw the signals, everything... then maybe we'd still be together.

"you were always busy, he should've understood that-"

"that doesn't excuse the fact that i wasn't making time!" time. what i'd do to go back. "can i give you advice?" he says and i'm a little hesitant because usually something dumb comes out his mouth after he asks. "i guess."

"get some rest. you look like you didn't sleep all night," he's right about that. i kept thinking back to our words, but most of all, what we used to have. "and if that doesn't work, just listen to frank ocean and maybe it'll get better."

there it is.

except it brought a smile to my face because he loves frank just as much as i do.

"it's like you want me to kill myself." his face goes blank like i'm not about to go sob to seigfried as we speak. "just know you did the right thing, okay? and it really is about to get better if you guys made up... i assume."

something like that. but we're on good terms... i assume.

his response after i confirmed we were done still has me puzzled. as if he didn't want it, but maybe i'm just making this up in my head when i know deep down inside, i didn't want this.

・❥・

i think i took a four hour nap.

i fell asleep around three after eating cereal in the middle of the day and it was around eight when i saw the time now.

i feel awful.

but i also feel well rested so it's a win-lose situation.

i'm pulling up the sheets to snuggle into them when i see a creek in my door. "mason?" i call out when all of a sudden, mason and jack burst through the door. "why do i see you more than i see my mom?"

"because your mom is a little... y'know. plus i love you too much so i had to come to the rescue."

"you told him?!" should've known mason was gonna tell someone. "you know i'm bad at giving advice!" and jack is any better? i laugh slightly and they come to sit on my bed. "someone slept well."

it was the bed head, wasn't it?

i sit up when i see jack set so many things down on my bed side table. "i hear chocolate helps, plus you like tulips and pink roses, and the ice cream is for all of us because i couldn't help it."

mason and i are trying hard not to laugh but this is seriously the sweetest gesture.

"thanks, jack." i bring him into a hug and invite mason while we were at it. "can we watch la la land?" what type of question is that?

"what else would we watch?"

i pass the remote to jack when mason left because he apparently forgot something.

we were confused because there was already spoons for the ice cream until he came back with a tray of whipped cream, cherries, chocolate dressing, sprinkles and so many other stuff. "why couldn't we just do this downstairs?!" my poor bed sheets. "wheres the fun in that?"

"you guys are getting me new sheets if anything spills." they both agree so at this point, the blanket is our canvas.

we get a bowl each and i scoop up a huge chunk. "save some for us!" i would if i wasn't so hungry. "can we get take out?" i need actual food in my system if i'm gonna devour this. "i've been meaning to try spring rolls!"

mason and i look at jack funny.

"you've never tried them?"

"sorry i'm not unhealthy like you, mason."

"like you don't eat for two." i slap mason even though i was cackling with him. "whatever! someone give me the number."

i've been meaning to order it for days so i pull out the menu from my drawer and pass it to him.

we order twelve and continue making our sunday's. "so... status on you and jude?" i can tell mason tried to switch the topic when jack asked but i really have no problem with it. "we're moving on for good and we cleared up everything as to why the break up even happened."

i said i wouldn't cry about it anymore, so i'm gonna keep to my word.

"honestly, i'm glad. at least now you can live in peace knowing it's sorted out." he's right, i can.

and i will.

"do you guys think moving to barcelona like... officially, is too much?" and out of the blue, i go for it. jack drops his spoon along with mason out of pure shock. "well shit, i mean yeah. london is home."

"not when barcelona has become an even bigger one."

they give each other a look until it's mason who speaks up first. "you tell all these stories about everyone over there and how well they treat you. home is where people you love which is why i'm not surprised you're thinking about it," he makes it sound like i don't love the people here, "i think it's a great idea, cleo. i'll help you out if you need it."

"seriously?!"

no one's support will ever mean anything to me like mason's. "i do too. plus you love your job so you're guaranteed to stay." jack's right about that. "guess i gotta start looking for apartments when i get back."

"make sure it has three rooms. one for you, mason and me."

"make sure you visit in the first place."

・❥・