Chapter 11: Take off

Due to Wall-E wanting to stay up late, I decide to stay up with him just to make sure nothing will happen. With many things happening that were new to him, Arrow got really tired and it took a bit for me to convince them to get to bed.

Once the space traveler was asleep, Wall-E and I carried out the TV, putting on a good game of ping pong. Wall-E tries to get Eve to play, but after he reaches 999, he sighs in defeat when he accepts that she's not gonna wake up. I sit beside him take the controller in front of Eve and smile. "How about we show her how we play?" Wall-E stares for a bit, but nods, making me see that if he had a mouth, there would be a small smile.

I hug Wall-E close and pat him. "She'll be okay, she just needs to protect the plant so nothing bad can happen to it." I then get back into position. "For now, let's show her how competitive we are."

The next day when the sun is high, Arrow looks at me with worry as I laze on a sun chair with an umbrella hovering over me to cover my entire body, where I am wearing loose clothes to allow the wind to cool me off. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you? You did stay up all night playing against a robot."

I dryly laugh. "In my time, this was normal for people my age. I just need to take a big nap. Wall-E can't be left alone, so be happy I'm trusting my son's safety to you." I put on my headphones that are connected to the iPod I reanimated with science. "Now, you two get going. It's nap time for us two."

3rd POV

Y/n plays the music on their device and the way their body slouches hints to Arrow that they're fast asleep. The human sighs and turns to look at Wall-E. "Well, I guess we should get going." Wall-E sighs and rolls off with Hal following close behind.

Since Arrow doesn't know how to work the vehicle that y/n uses for transportation, they activate their jet and fly after Wall-E. Once they arrive at the sight, Arrow looks at Wall-E once he lands. "So... what should we do? Scavenge for cool things?" Wall-E looks at Arrow before heading over to a pile of garbage, scooping it into him, and compressing it into a cube. "Oh, I guess we're going straight to work." Arrow hums.

After a few hours, Wall-E stops working and pulls out the lighter Eve was fascinated with. He lights it up and stares at it with sadness in his eyes. Arrow approaches the bot and hums. They then pat the metal head. "She'll be up soon. I promise you that." Wall-E looks up at Arrow and nods, believing what the human is saying.

Suddenly, the light flickers off and the ground rumbles, scaring both of them. They look up at the sky to see bright flashes of light. Wall-E gasps and Arrow raises their brows at the realization of what that is.

Back to you

I jolt from my seat, my headphones falling as I look around, wondering what is causing the shaking. I get off my seat and look up. My blood runs cold when I see the same ship that brought the visitors here has returned.

I could run, but I can't leave Eve here and if they miss this, she and Arrow would lose their opportunity to go back and tell whoever is in charge that Earth is coming back to life and come join them.

As I try to think of something, a bright blue light hits my eyes, making me cover them with my hands. I quickly open them back up to look at the ground, recognizing it as the scanners the two had when they were looking for the plant. The scanner turns green and turns off, prompting me to look up and see that an arm is coming out, a strange cylinder.

I back up, but the arm follows me around, making me more nervous about how I'm gonna get out of the situation.

"Y/N! EVE!" Wall-E's voice speaks out from the roaring of the engines. I don't question how that is possible and whirl my head to see him and Arrow rushing over to us. Arrow is saying something, but the rocket muffles his voice.