Chapter 16: Dancing in Space

Oh, I wish I had a chair right now. Why was this ship so long, and why didn't I work out back on Earth?

I could only whine in my mind as my feet fell to the floor at a fast pace, arm around my helmet to my side, my eyes sticking on the back of Emma as she drifted past the halls and corners, the distance between us could have been increasing by the second if the soldier didn't match my pace. Many robots turn to watch us for a moment, confused by the urgency about us, but we can only ignore them as the thoughts of my friend in danger fill us.

Emma spoke up in a normal tone, how could she even- never mind. "Almost there, just past this cornER!" The woman's tone rises and her foot seems to slide past her body, causing her to fall onto her back and further past the corner. I'm about to go past the turn myself to help her until she shoots up and puts a hand behind her back, waving me away while her other hand salutes. "General!" She shouts in greeting.

I stop right in my tracks, watching as a tall and intimidating man marches over to Emma. Past his hat are wrinkles under that yellowing skin most likely due to old age. Cereases around his mouth showed that it was often he frowned like he was doing now as he marched up to Emma.

"What in blue blazes is this I'm hearing about one of the bots going rogue and some clean-up piece of scrap from Earth is roaming the Axiom, guns blazing?!" He barks at the young woman. She goes to explain, but he keeps shouting at the girl.

Yeah. No. I'm not getting into that. Emma is giving me an out, I'm going to take it. Goodbye, my friend, I shall mourn you at your funeral.

I slowly back up, keeping my eyes on the interaction in case I need to run, pressing the balls of my feet and lowering to my heel with each step, being careful.

Or I was.

As I keep backing up, my back hits a chest, a hand clasping my shoulder, and spins me around, meeting the eyes of Arrow. Their face showed a look of absolute terror as they looked at me. "I just got the location of the two, we need to go now!" They ramble quickly and pull me away from where Emma is being yelled at, running fast.

I hate running.

We go into some elevators and as we are taken down, I put my hands to my knees, setting down my helmet, heaving every breath I can to hopefully calm my heart and stop the pain in my abdomen, gasping a bit now and then. After a moment I press my hands to my back and bend my spine forward, groaning a bit. "You'd think restoring Earth would give you a better body and stamina."  

Arrow lets out a light chuckle, scratching the back of their neck. "Well, just doing hard work isn't always as effective as working out." I look at the soldier with a bit of a glare. "If you think you're gonna have me do this often, keep dreaming," I mutter, only to have a chuckle and flirt in return. "Would you like if I could carry you everywhere?"

Even as I felt my face become warm at the suggestion, I laughed at this. "As appealing as that sounds. we'll have to try that when our friends aren't wanted by the authorities." I roll my head a bit as the elevator slows to a stop. Once it opens, we soon find a room in front of us with Eve glaring at Wall-E who seems determined.

"Wall-E!" I call out, tackling the robot who brightens up. "Y/n!" He shouts as I practically cry into his shoulder."I am so sorry you had to go through all of this! I know you and Eve did nothing wrong." I ramble on as Arrow walks in, inspecting the room. "Eve...are you trying to send Wall-E back to Earth?"

I back up from the hug and look at them. "Hold on, what?" I follow their line of sight to show some small overhead screen showing the coordinates and the picture of Earth. My eyes land on Eve as she nods and points at the Light on her chest "Directive." She simply says as Arrow groans.