Chapter 12: Catch up

The new area is filled with alarms, seeming to warn anyone that the machines in the ship are now at work. Many parts of the walls and the floor opens up to reveal either arms or robots. Some are plugged into the rocket, seeming to either gather data or charge it up while the other ones are cleaning it up.

Wall-E watches with interest, interested all of them. He flinches at a loud noise behind him to see Eve still asleep and Y/n in a pod, also asleep. What takes him aback is when he sees Arrow clutching onto the pod.

Arrow hops onto the bridge where their robotic friend is while the metal boy reaches out for his crush. "Eve." Arrow hears something and looks up before pulling Wall-E back before he can be decapitated by a robot arm. The arm grabs y/n and puts her on a line that's lit up from the floor, y/n following after them.

Another piece of the floor lifts and a few robots in it wake up, warbling in their own way. A small bot named Mo, which has a narrow yellow line for its eyes leaves first, following the white line on the ground. Larger robots follow after him, ready to do their job. After a short distance, the line stops and Mo holts, putting his arms in the air to tell his fellow workers to halt, but the sudden action is not processed until they each bump into the one in front of them, yet Mo remains unmoved.

A smaller white line lights up on the floor and Mo tells them to go. They reach to where the Eves are being placed down, and the one who found the plant is set down first. Mo examines the bot and looks at the tip of the bottom, where his scanner tells him that it's sixteen percent dirty with a foreign contaminant.

Mo glares at this and activates his connected brush arm, running it all wherever it's dirty. The next bot that has a head of a vacuum cleaner, picks up all the dirt that wasn't brushed off. The next robot then sprayed Eve with water to bring back her shine and the last one dries her off.

As the next arm grabs another bot, Wall-E and Arrow get an idea of what to do. As the arm grabs the next container for the person, Arrow hops and holds onto the pod, and Wall-E gets in front of the next Eve. Once the arm grabs him and places the cubed bot in line, Mo examines him. He is taken aback when he sees that Wall-E is 100% covered in foreign contaminants.

Mo yelp at this, his pixelated yellow eyes go as big as they can, and a small red flashing light slowly raises from his head as he roans and gets to work. He starts at the door of the lovesick bot's crusher. The door snaps open, pushing Mo away. Mo is scared by this but shakes it off just as quickly. He goes behind Wall-E and scratches his back. Wall-E lifts his head, tilting at the new feeling. He rolls forward, making  Mo fall to the ground.

Mo groans as he pushes himself back up. Mo glares at Wall-E and gets in front, pushing the dirty bot back into line. Mo looks at the ground and notices that Wall-E's wheels made a dirty path on the shining clean floor. Mo hops with anger and chatters with supposedly harsh words in the language of bots.

On another wall of the ship, four similar bots that are shaped like phones in a station called the steward kiosk rest. Two of them, activate, their screens saying "On duty". A tube in between the bots opens up and a smaller bot that was the same size as the circular red light flashes on. A red line appears on the ground and the three bots follow after it.

Meanwhile, the cleaning bots are finishing up cleaning while Mo just finished getting rid of the dirty marks. Once done, he does a curt nod, proud of his work. Wall-E hums and taps one of his wheels on the floor, making another mark, and Mo exclaims in shock and anger. Mo quickly cleans it up and taps on the floor as if to tell Wall-E to not do that, Wall-E thinks for a moment before pressing his chained wheel on Mo's face, making the small bot scream and try to get it off him. While this was happening, Arrow was trying to figure out how to open the cyro-pod holding his friend