Nightmares

Hey guys. This one WILL BE MAYBE BE KINDA SAD. 'KAY? YEAH. That's it.

Bucky always hated this time of day. It was time to go to bed, and he hated it. He had nightmares, really bad ones. Some were better than others, but they were all still pretty bad. He always tried to stay up as long as possible but he still went to sleep. Tonight, he went to bed as soon as Steve did, like always. Before Steve and Bucky stumbled into a relationship, Bucky's nightmares were absolutely awful. Steve being there really helps but he still has nightmares bad enough to make him cry. He lay down next to Steve and took a deep breath. Steve was on the right, so Bucky turned to the right and looked at Steve's near-perfect face. Steve smiled and kissed Bucky's forehead.
"I love you." He whispered into Bucky's forehead.
"I love you too, Steve."
Tonight was going to be a long night. Bucky drifted off to sleep and the nightmare began. He was walking through a crowded sidewalk somewhere and saw one of the men who helped wipe his memories. A man who worked for Hydra. He turned and ran in the opposite direction. He ran and ran and ran and ran until he found Steve.
"Steve." He panted.
"What, Bucky? Did Hydra try to get you again?" Steve jeered.
"Steve?"
"Just shut up, Bucky. You're absolutely worthless. No one will ever want you."
"Steve, stop." Bucky sobbed.
"You should've let that worker from Hydra get you. It's the only purpose you ever served to anybody." Steve walked away and left Bucky in a sobbing heap on the ground.
"Steve." He whispered through sobs. After a while, Bucky stood up and started walking. As soon as he did, the worker from Hydra caught him and started dragging him away.
"No! No! No!" He shouted. A loud noise in the real world woke him up as he jolted upwards in bed. Steve sat up and hugged him.
"Steve?" Bucky sobbed into Steve's chest.
"Yeah, Buck?"
"Are you sure you love me?"
"I'm sure Buck. I'll love you forever."
"Thank you." Steve and Bucky lay back down.
"C'mere, Bucky." Bucky scooted towards Steve and turned his back on Steve. Steve wrapped his arms around Bucky's chest and kissed the back of his head.
"I love you." He muttered into the back of Bucky's head.
"I love you too, Steve."