Blondie Nelson

Mya heard a creek. The sea had been disturbed, and she pictured another ship. The shadow cast onto the beach, but before she could open her eyes to the shade there was a smash. She thought they had become grounded, but as her eyes opened, she found that they had driven directly into Mystery. Followed by the smash, she heard the wood crack further and put a hole in the side of the boat. Mya yelled, 'WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOIN' CRAZY!!' She got up from the beach and stared at the boats. They really had collided; it wasn't a horrible nightmare. Their day off was now ruined, being stranded on the island with a little rowboat. As the men were getting down from their ship into a rowboat, she paced up and down the beach. Waiting to yell at them further once they came to shore.

'Sorry!' She heard someone yell not far from the gentle ripple of the tide. But sorry couldn't fix this, they had to fix this.

'Sorry about that!' He said again, as he got down from the boat. 'Name's Nelson. I hope you weren't looking to leave this island too soon. My good companion Hardy can get our boats fixed in no time.' Mya sneered at him. She poked him in the chest and walked him backwards to the shore.

'Have you any idea what you crashed into?' She asked, 'my father's boat is most valuable, she is strong enough to survive the harshest storms but not one second in your care! Oh, but tell me this is a nightmare- that a stranger hasn't just, deserted me! On a random island.'

Horatio didn't say anything for a moment, but then he spoke softly. 'Like I would want to be stuck here with you either. I am sorry I've crashed into your boat, but I personally think it's an improvement.' His smile was impossible to ignore.

Mya took a deep breath, 'keep your wood and leave my ship alone.'

'I'm afraid I crash into more ships than you have rings...' Mya looked down at her hands, why had he noticed? 'My companion already has the repairs for our boats. Victory is—' but Nelson couldn't finish his sentence.

'Your boat is called Victory?' She laughed, but Nelson lit up with her too. 'I bet you haven't won a single thing.'

'She was actually called after my mother.' He clarified, '... I do win a lot of battles.'

Mya rolled her eyes, she looked over to Terry and Jeff who were still sleeping, she picked up a twig and broke it in two. The pieces soon found themselves at the aggression and woke both the boys up.

'Hey lads, blondie here crashed our boat. Think you can repair it with his supplies?' She asked, as they both shook off the sand.

'Won't be a problem captain'.' Terry confirmed. The other man who had been in the rowboat came next to Nelson with an impressive knot in the rope.

'I am not letting you drive again.' He said, as he shoved the rope into his hands. 'Here, we can burn this if we need,'

But Nelson ignored him, 'Hardy, this is Mya. It was her boat in the way.' Hardy gave out his hand, and Mya took it.

'Pleasure to meet you Mya, I apologise many times for Horatio.' He said, and something clicked in Mya's memory... Could he be a Horatio she knew?

'Hardy- I go by Nelson... Horatio is my second name.' He tried to cover up, and it dampened Mya's curiosity.

The sky was still bright and Mya knew that she had to get supplies. She couldn't let any of her crew starve, 'I'm going to find water, and food. Make yourself useful if you don't want to starve.' With that, she walked away.

Nelson was quick to follow, 'do you think that I can get some coconuts?' he asked her, as she continued to march around the trees.

'If your motivated enough.' She answered.

'Why do you find yourself on this island?' he started, but she didn't respond right away.

'An idiot trapped me.' She smiled and started gathering freshly fallen coconuts. 'Hold out your hands.' She gave him the coconuts. As she turned to climb up a small tree, she slipped her jacket off, and Nelson caught a glimpse of the multiple knives hiding. He gulped, but a lady had to defend herself in times of urgency. 

'What's your story Mya?' He asked, still staring at her jacket.

'Like I'd ever tell you! Who knows what porky pies you've got hidden.' Nelson thought back to that same phrase, the memory clicked for him, and he suddenly recognised Mya. The girl who he couldn't stop thinking about all those years... he thought she just might remember him? But they were getting along so well not talking about the past.

'I see your British. Good to know, but no. I don't have any lies. I am an honest man.' He admitted and smiled to himself.

'But what are you doing here? Of all places?' He said and continued catching coconuts.

'Haven't you thought that just maybe I sailed to an island to escape the storm we had?' she asked him, jumping down on the sand.

'Well, I did see a storm... but it faded quickly.'

Mya laughed to herself and muttered 'Of course it did.' She paused, 'if you must know I had an argument with my mother, this was the nearest place to escape too.' She spoke up, and he nodded slowly. He hadn't seen her mother, so wondered if she was still on the ship.

'Is she—' Nelson was interrupted. 

'We have to get back, it's getting dark.' She said, picking up some more coconuts. It would be the fruit for dinner, and their sweet water to drink.