Chapter Four

(Cover picture is Shizuka and Akiko)
___________________________
"Shizuka-Sama?" one of the nervous human baits the Senate had thrown into the cage with the Pureblood asked. Shizuka Hio sat in the corner of the cage, glaring at the scared human. Shizuka was due to give birth to her child any day now, and it was making her thirst insane now.

Shizuka's beautiful pink eyes turned crimson and she beckoned the human to come towards her. The human, as if under a spell, stood up and walked over to the female vampire, kneeling in front of her. Shizuka grabbed the man's arm and pulled him towards her before sinking her teeth into his neck, sucking hard. The man shivered as he felt the vampiress drain his blood entirely, and the man turned to dust.

Shizuka moved her silvery hair out of her eyes and wiped the blood off her mouth, touching her heavily pregnant belly.

"Why do you make me like this?" she asked calmly, rubbing her belly. The cage door opens and Ichio walks in, holding his cane tightly in his hand. Shizuka glared up at him with pure hate in her pink eyes.

"What do you want Ichio?" she asked. It was the Ichijos who had originally imprisoned her in this cage years and years ago as if she were an animal instead of a Pureblood vampire princess, throwing in humans every day as bait. Shizuka could escape from this place easily, but the only person who came to visit her was her dreadful fiancé Rido Kuran, who was so obsessed with having a boy so that he could gain the title of Head of the Kuran family, which was passed to his brother Haruka, who already had a son.

"Shizuka-Sama, Haruka-Sama is here to see you," Ichio said, stepping aside for the one person Shizuka hated the most's brother to walk into the room. Haruka's brown eyes met Shizuka's pink ones before she broke the eye contact as she twirled a lock of her hair around her finger. Shizuka didn't hate Haruka Kuran as much as she hated Rido, but she didn't like him either.

"What do you want Kuran?" she asked.

"I've come to see the process of my niece or nephew's birth," Haruka explained. "If it's a boy Rido would no doubt become Head of the Kuran family."

"Who says it is a boy?" Shizuka asked, looking at Haruka. "I'm hoping that it's a girl, because I don't want him to be the Head of the Kuran family either."

"You're the Head of the Hio family because you are the only member left and I'm the Head because of Kaname," Haruka said. "But if it's a boy he will make Rido the Head of the Kuran family."

Shizuka looked away and stood up, but doubled over as a huge pain went through her stomach as her waters broke. Ichio jumped in surprise and called for nurses and Haruka smirked in eagerness as Shizuka went into labor.

Shizuka was sat down onto a soft bed as the nurses swarmed around her, both human and vampire, as they birthed the child. After a long process that tired Shizuka out, a screaming child was born. The child was wrapped up in a brown blanket and handed to Shizuka, who looked down at the baby.

It was a girl.

The baby girl looked up at Shizuka as she squeezed Shizuka's fingers, her red and purple eyes blinking up at her. She looked like Shizuka but pocessed the dark hair of the Kuran's, as well as Rido's mismatched eyes. Shizuka frowned at the purple eye. She would have thought it would he pink, like hers, but it was purple like the Kuranis. One of the nurses frowned at the baby as she asked, "Shizuka-Sama have you got a name for her yet?"

"I'll call her Akiko, because she was born in autumn, meaning she is an autumn child."

The nurse repeated the name as she looked up at Haruka, who nodded to her. The nurse looked at Shizuka fearfully before quickly taking the child out of Shizuka's arms and running to the door of the cage, closing it as Shizuka jumped up and bared her fangs at the nurse.

"You bitch! Give her back to me!" she screamed, banging at the door. The nurse cowered as she gave the baby to Haruka, who grinned down at her.

"Don't worry Shizuka, she'll be safe with me," Haruka told the other Pureblood. "I'll keep her from Rido."

Haruka took the baby away, leaving Shizuka crying silently in the cage, vowing to search for her child once she got out of this hell-hole cage, even if it took all eternity.
♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪
Shizuka, back in the present, looked out of the window of the dorm room she had personally asked Kaname for, a soft look on her face.

"I've finally found you Akiko."