Chapter Eight

"So, you've decided?" Shizuka/Maria asks Yuki as she kneeled before her. Akiko sat beside her mother, staring down at her human cousin. Soon we will be together again cousin, Akiko thought. Shizuka/Maria extended her hand. "Come here Yuki." Yuki stood up and walked closer to Akiko and Shizuka/Maria, kneeling and placing her hand into Akiko's mother's. Shizuka/Maria bought Yuki's hand up to her mouth and placed her fang onto Yuki's finger. Akiko noticed that Yuki had a far away look in her eyes.

"What is it?" Akiko asked, flicking the human girl's hair off her face. Yuki looked up at Akiko in shock before looking over at Shizuka/Maria.

"I just thought that for the first time I'm glade that vampires find my blood delicious," Yuki admits. "Because in return, you'll save Zero for me."

Shizuka/Maria narrowed her eyes in anger at Yuki's confession, tightening her hold on Yuki's hand. Yuki gasped in pain as Shizuka/Maria pulled her around onto the chair, smacking Yuki's back against the back of the chair hard.

"It was me who drove Zero to despair," she says. Yuki gasps as she hears the door open and a bell jingle. Akiko looked over to see a familiar-looking boy wearing a mask holding a sleeping woman in his arms. The woman had long white hair and was wearing a white kimono with a purple obi. "That is my real body."

"It's easy to save Zero," Akiko says as she crawls towards Yuki, grabbing her face as they looked into each other's eyes. Shizuka/Maria stood up and walked over to the boy and woman. Shizuka/Maria clasped the woman's hand and her eyes opened to reveal beautiful pale pink eyes, like cherry blossoms.

"He only has to drink my blood," the woman and Shizuka's real body and Maria's body say together before narrowing their eyes. Maria's body collapsed onto the couch beside Akiko and Yuki as Shizuka walked towards them, the bell jingling. Yuki gasped when she saw Akiko's purple eye was glowing brighter than the red one.

"He needs to drink your blood?" Yuki asked, looking over at Shizuka as she came to a stop in front of them, looking down at them with an expressionless face that was usual for a Pureblood Princess. Because other vampires etertain themselves by seeing a Pureblood struggle Purebloods have come to never show their emotions. Akiko had grown up that way.

"That's right," Shizuka answered. "The blood of his master: Shizuka Hio."

"Zero will not fall to Level E," Akiko went on, looking at Yuki. "He will be a Level D. He will still be below regular vampires but he would not lose his sanity like a Level E."

"So if I let you bite me you will let Zero drink your blood?" Yuki asked. Shizuka nodded and turned to the boy behind her.

"Ichiru, lie Maria's body on the bed." The boy picked up Maria's unconsious body and lifted up as Yuki stared at his face as if she recognised him.

"Now for your promise," Shizuka says as Ichiru leaves. "Offer your blood to me for I am to be pitied. I am being hunted, and because of that I need more power."

"Persuade by the vampire hunters?" Yuuki asked. Akiko moved over as Shizuka sat onto the crouch in between Yuki and Akiko. "I understand why you would want more power but if you than decide to attack the other students here at the academy I will -"

Shizuka reaches out to Yuki's neck and undos the ribbon around Yuki's neck, revealing the two puncture wounds on the side of Yuki's neck. "Your blood alone is enough," Shizuka says as she places her hand on Yuki's cheek. "You do understand don't you? What it means for a Pureblood's fangs to pierce you?" Yuki closed her eyes and tilted her neck to the side, allowing Shizuka better access. Shizuka leaned towards Yuki's neck and Akiko looked over to the door.

"Okaasama, someone's coming," Akiko says. Shizuka stops as the door opens and Zero Kiryu stares at the scene in front of him in shock. Yuki whispers Zero's name as Shizuka chuckles. Zero narrows his eyes as he points his Bloody Rose gun at Shizuka.

"Let Yuki go Shizuka!" Zero grows. Yuki steps in front of Shizuka and Akiko, extending her Artemis rod. Akiko's eyes widen when she sees the rod. The last time she had seen that rod it had been a scythe.

"Stay back Zero!" Yuki shouted. "This woman is the only one who can save you!"

"You think that woman will save me?" Zero asked.

"Yes, she and I have already made a deal," Yuki says. "The only way for you to control those urges and to stop becoming a Level E is for you to drink this woman's blood. Yes I'm scared, but I'm going to be fine. So please, stay back."

Akiko smirked as she leaned in toward Shizuka. "Do you see what I'm seeing Okaasama?" Akiko asked. Shizuka stroked a lock of hair off Akiko's face as she answered, "I see exactly what's going on."

"Even what Yuki says about your blood is true," Zero says, touching Artemis so that it sparked, rejecting his touch. "It can be after I beat you to an inch of your life, Shizuka."

Yuki sighs as she dejects Artemis. She extends her wrist toward Zero's neck, a red spark igniting from the bracelet to Zero's neck. Zero grabs Yuki's hand before Yuki could tame him. "Why are you trying to stop me? She -" Zero's eyes widen as Yuki begins to cry.

Akiko chuckled as Shizuka said, "She has tamed you." Zero gasps as Shizuka's voice reaches his ears, and she chuckles. "Are you happy to have finally heard your master's voice? I'm back in my own body, now my voice has the power to mind you."

"The power to bind him?" Yuki repeated, looking up at Zero. Akiko stood up at the same time as Shizuka.

"A Pureblood has the ability to control the vampire they turn with their voice," she explained. "You do understand Zero? Okaasama is the one responsible for creating you, therefore she is your master. You cannot disobey her."

"This is convenient," Shizuka says. "Zero, keep holding Yuki. It's just what Akiko said, you cannot disobey me."

Zero tried to so desperatly to fight Shizuka's compulsion, but just like every servant he succumbed to his master's demand.

A/N: I'm not exactly sure if I should make Akiko's experience with Rido into a sequel or continue it on with this book? Tell me what you think reader-samas.