Chapter Six

Picture is Mikio
____________________________

A/N: This scene in italics is from the manga.

Shizuka walked along the snowy grown, silent tears falling down her face and her purple obi swaying in the wind. She stopped outside the Kiryu house, where the door opened and one of the twins gasped when she saw her. She knew she must have looked frightening to the young boy: her hair and obi flowing violently in the wind, her eyes glowing crimson. A true beast in human form.

"Clever boy," Shizuka says. "You knew I was here even before your parents noticed." The boy stared at her as she went on. "The twin children of the hunters, it all comes down to your sinful blood."

"What are you talking about?" the twin asked. The boy gasped when Shizuka suddenly grabbed his shoulders from behind, having moved too fast for his human eyes.

"I will further curse your fate, child of the hunters," Shizuka says.

"ZERO!" Shizuka jumps away before the hunter could stab her, jumping through the air and landing smoothly far enough away from the hunters, Zero trapped in the sleeve of her kimono. "Kuruizaki-Hime, Shizuka Hio," the hunter father says, using her cruel nickname. "What does a Pureblood vampire want from us?"

"You killed him, so now I will punish you," Shizuka states. She grins as the hunters shout at her to stop and she sinks her fangs into Zero's neck so hard, blood splatters to the ground. Zero gasps as Shizuka's fangs pierce his neck, and Shizuka reels in the blood that was flowing into her mouth.

After a long fight Shizuka eventually kills the Kiryu parents, leaving Zero alive as a vampire. She had gotten her kimono dirty with the blood of the Kiryus, but she didn't mind. She stood staring at Zero, who was glaring up at her with his purple eyes. She crouches in front of him, staring into his eyes.

"You are only a child, but you stare at me with such emotion," Shizuka states. "You are the second to look at me with such an expression. I want to watch you forever." Truthfully Zero's purple eyes reminded her of her daughter, whose right eye was the same colour as Zero's.

"Shizuka-Sama, we should go." Shizuka doesn't look away from Zero, but she knew who was talking. "You've had your revenge, are you fulfilled now?"

"Yes, Ichiru," Shizuka smiles warmly as Zero stares at his twin in shock. "I am fulfilled. Not only have I had my revenge, I have gained something interesting as well."

Something that reminded her of her lost child.

(T_T) \(^_^)

It was like 3 o'clock in the day and Akiko still couldn't get to sleep. She was lying awake in her bed that was fit for a princess – which she kinda was – staring at the ceiling and thinking about what she and Mikio would be doing that night. The thought of their first time chased all sleep away from her. Akiko sighed and rolled off her bed, trudging towards the door, her black night gown swaying as she moved. When she came to the place she called the Common Room she found Mikio on one of the couches reading a book, a glass of red liquid and two stacks of books on the table, one pile of books was taller than the other one. Mikio liked to read books from both human and vampire authors.

"The best thing a human has ever written was Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling," Mikio says, shutting the book and placing it onto the tall pile and grabbing a book from the short pile, opening it to a random page. Akiko flopped down on the couch beside Mikio, flinging her legs over Mikio's lap. Mikio put the book down on top of Akiko's legs and placed his hand into a patch of sunlight that had escaped through the closed curtain, staring hard at his arm. Akiko blinked at him.

"What are you doing?" she asked. Mikio let his arm drop as he picked up the book again.

"Seeing if my skin sparkled in the sunlight," Mikio admitted. And after seeing Akiko's confused face he added, "This is Twilight by Stephanie Myer." He shut the book and placed it on the tall pile and grabbed another book from the short pile and opened it to a random page, a soft blush forming on his cheeks as he read through it.

"Now what are you reading?" Akiko asked.

"Fifty Shades of Gray," Mikio answered.

Akiko reached out and plucked the book out of Mikio's hands, burning it with her powers before throwing it away. Mikio stared at her in horror. "I had borrowed that book from Ichijo-Kun!" he protested, pointing wildly at the book. Why did you destroy it?"

"Because you are not doing any of those things to me that are in that book!" Akiko snapped. "You are not tying me up, blind-folding me or dominating over me."

"I was just reading to pass time," Mikio protested.

"Well, why aren't you reading about the Pureblood families?" Akiko asked.

"Ichijo-Kun didn't have any books about the Pureblood families!"

Akiko sighed and kissed Mikio with so much force, forcing her tongue into his mouth. Mikio succumbed to Akiko almost instantly, tangling his hands in Akiko's black hair as Akiko dominated over him. Mikio ran his hands up under Akiko's nightgown, pinching her nipples. Akiko hissed into Mikio's mouth, sinking her teeth into his lip by accident. She licked the blood off Mikio's lip, which healed straight away. Mikio moved his hands down south, heading for her –

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you two," Takuma says, startling both Purebloods. Akiko stood up quickly, flinging her hair over her shoulder as she smiled, embarrassed, at the Aristocrat.

"What is it Ichijo-Kun?" Mikio asked.

"Kaname-Kun wants to see you two in a 'very important Pureblood meeting,' as he called it," Takuma says. Mikio and Akiko look at each other before following Takuma into Kaname's room. Kaname was lying on a couch, drinking from a glass with blood tablet blood in it.

"What is it Kaname-Kun?" Mikio asked.

"We have a bit of a turn around," Kaname says, looking up at the two younger Purebloods. "About Maria Kurani."

"What about Maria-San?" Akiko asked. Kaname took a swig from the glass before setting down.

"That's the thing, she isn't really Maria Kurani," Kaname reveals, standing up and turning to the window.

"Who is she then?" Mikio asked.

"She is Shizuka Hio."