The Nightmare

It was dark in Ketterdam, wich was never a good time to walk alone at night

It was dark in Ketterdam, wich was never a good time to walk alone at night. The moon was shining bright trow the window in Wylan's bedroom. The merchant was sleeping peaceful in his bed in the arms of his lover. The only sound you could hear was the snores Wylan made and Jesper's slowly breathing in his sleep. Everything seems to be perfect.

Suddenly Wylan sits up with tears in his eyes, sweat dripping down from his forehead and pure panic in his eyes. He took a moment to catch his breath and look at Jesper to see him still sleeping . When Wylan saw he didn't woke his lover up, he covered his mouth to hide the sobs he was making. This has been going on for weeks now. Wylan couldn't even remember one time where he had a full night of sleep. And the constant meetings with the Council didn't help either. The lack of sleep made Wylan go crazy at this point. He rubs his eyes before closing them, trying to catch his breath again until he felt a hand gently stroke his back. Wylan shot his eyes open and turns to his left to see Jesper sitting beside him with a worried look on his face. Wylan sighs, he was relieved it was Jesper and that he wasn't in his nightmare anymore but was upset that he woke him up because of it. Wylan shakes his head, puts on a little but forced smile, trying to look as normal as possible to not worry his lover any further.

"Darling, what happened?" Jesper says with sleepy eyes but still focused on his lover. Wylan tries to look away in shame and cover his face again but Jesper gently grabs his chin to make Wylan look at him. He could see the tears his lovers eyes, the red cheeks and nose because of all the crying, the tired but also scared eyes that were looking right at him. "Did you had that bad dream again my love..?" those words were just the tip of the iceberg for Wylan before he broke down in his lovers arms. "it happened again! Why can't they just leave me alone!" Wylan says sobbing. Jesper was slightly surprised by the sudden embrace but quickly started to lay down and carefully placed Wylan's head on his chest. While Wylan holds onto Jesper tightly, he wants to make sure this was real. That his head wasn't messing with him or playing stupid tricks on him anymore. By just hearing Jesper calm voice, he knew...
This is real.

"it's okay, your safe now, no one will ever hurt you again you hear me? Never again, for as long as I live. I will keep you safe." Jesper says while going trow Wylan's hair with his left hand and holding him close with his other. Wylan's breathing was still a little uneasy even tho he was trying so hard to calm down, taking Jesper words to heart."sshh luv, breath with me okay." Wylan starts to follow Jesper's breathing ritme and slowly, he starts to calm down. "that's right, you did great Wy..i'm proud of you." Jesper says, now pulling Wylan close to him so he can give him a kiss on his forehead. Wylan immediately relaxs more in Jesper's arms and looks up to look in his lovers eyes, those chocolate brown eyes that looked back at him in such a loving way.

"th-thank you Jes...for everything." Wylan says while giving Jesper a small kiss on his lips. When he pulls back, Jesper immediately pulls him back in for another kiss. Wylan didn't even hesitate to kiss Jesper back. He places his hands on the back of Jesper's neck to make the kiss even deeper and passionate. When Jesper finally pulls away, he looks deep into the merchant eyes. He wipes away his tears and cups Wylan's face with his hands. He then puts  his forehead against Wylan's while closing his eyes. Wylan takes a deep breath before laying down next to Jesper while holding his hand. Jesper gives Wylan a few more sweet kisses on his neck until he pulls the blanket over both of them.

"shall we try to sleep again my love? Because you have a meeting with the council in the morning and I don't want you to be to tired." Wylan nods slowly while his eyes are starting to close. Jesper gently pulls him closer to him while still holding Wylan's hand.
"I love you Jes..." Wylan says quietly.
"I love you to, my love." Jesper watches as Wylan starts to slowly drift away is his sleep. Jesper just admires how beautiful and perfect his lover looks with his messy hair covering halve his face and the little noises that he makes when he sleeps. Jesper gives Wylan the final kiss on his cheek before he to falls asleep, holding his merchant close him. Protecting the love of his life from the cruel world their living in.

Author's note

Heyyy there my lovely readers! I hope you all liked this little short story. I'm sorry that this chapter is really short but there will be more chapters to come! I just love how much Jesper and Wylan respect and care for each other and i really wanted that in this story so I hope I did a good job. I will see you all in the next one!

Bye bye x