𝟮𝟴. 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

Hara POV

My ears still hurt. I can hear soldiers yelling and gunshots being fired. People are screaming and begging for mercy while holding on to a little bit of hope. 

Sanghoon placed his hands on top of my ears, noticing that I started to zone out.

"You okay?" he asks.

"Yeah. I'm just worried that they'll hurt those people"

The whole camp is being thrown up side down because of me. The last thing I wanted is for those innocent people to get involved who've never even heard of me before this day.

"We need to get to those helicopters" Jaeik says, holding onto his gun for dear life. "Where are day"

"They're on the beach" Sanghoon says. "But I'm not sure how we'll get there without being seen. They know that's our only way out of here"

"I can lead the way" I removed Sanghoon his hands from my ears and got up. "We'll go down that road. If I hear something we'll hide. Like you said, it's our only way out of here"

Sanghoon and Jaeik looked at each other with concerned eyes. We got up from behind the tents and started to walk down the dark empty road. How longer we walk, how more distanced the screams start to sound.

"How old are you actually" Jaeik suddenly asks Sanghoon.

"I'm nineteen"

"That's so young" I say. "Are you and my brother close?"

"Pretty much. We joined the military around the same time. Nobody took us seriously because we were skinny and young so we trained every single day till midnight to become like the other guys"

"And?"

"And that's how we grew to trust each other. We aren't on the same team, but we always try our bests to still see each other everyday"

"I wonder why Haru never told me about you"

Sanghoon chuckles. "He talked about you a lot tho. At first I thought you were his girl friend with the amount of times he called your name"

"Can't you disguise someone talking about his girlfriend or sister" Jaeik laughed. 

"Well I'm sorry that he always likes to play 'guess who' games"

The three of us laughed.

"Speaking about girlfriends and boyfriends" Sanghoon looked at me. "Do you have one?"

"Me?" I laugh. "No. No I don't"

"Come on" Jaeik punches me lightly. "You're almost an adult and you're telling me you've never dated?"

I smile a little. "Thinking about the word 'boyfriend' only brings one person to my mind. But in times like this? When we're separated? I would rather have no feelings for him in case something happens to either of us"

"You shouldn't let go of him if you like him. Chances are that he likes you back and that you guys will meet again"

I shake my head. "I don't think so. But thank you"

I walked ahead of the two and set my focus back on the dark road. 

'Turn around'

My legs stopped moving. Jaeik and Sanghoon bumped against me and frowned.

"What is it?"

"I don't know. Something is telling me to go back"

"We're almost there" Sanghoon says. "It's just your nerves speaking"