4

A day left till my 17th birthday. I can't say that I'm not excited but, it will be weird this year. But it needs be awesome because I will celebrate it with Ella. I still can't get over the fact that Ella is born on the same year and day as me. She insisted that we go dress shopping today for our birthday. Apparently she organised a party at her house for both of us so I must get a dress. Her boyfriend will pick us up at about 2 p.m so there is a lot of time to shower, eat, get dressed and leave.

I do my shower and skin care routines. Putting on blue baggy jeans and a shirt. Simple but, enough for today. I go to the kitchen and find mom making breakfast for us. Liam sat on the sofa watching something on the TV. I put three plates on the table and mom adds the food turns out she was making pancakes and they look amazing. We all sit and eat together. Mom's pancakes are always the best I can't lie. After finishing I wash the dishes. Liam goes back to the TV and mom leaves for work. Looking at the clock I see that there is still an hour and a half left till we go shopping so I join Liam on the sofa.

I go to the kitchen again and fill a glass of water because it is too hot for me. I go on a hunt for ice cubes because there aren't any in the kitchen. I go downstairs to the basement to look for them. Opening the mini fridge I see a box with ice cubes and put a few in my glass with water. Coming up to the living room I spot someone sit next to Liam. Looking at the guy I remember that his name is Kay or something like that. His blue icy eyes immediately dart to me. "Heyy Kayla" he smiles as he greets me to sit next to him. "Heyy Kay" returning the same energy I greet him and sit beside. I inhale his strong scent. Suddenly Liam leaves for the bathroom I suppose. As I'm watching whatever is on the screen I feel Kay's gaze on me. I turn to face him.

He smiles. "You are really beautiful Kayla" his eyes never leave mine. "You're like a weird stalker" I say to him. He just looks at me confused. "how am I a stalker if I just said that you're beautiful" he questions. He's got a point. "I saw you liked one of my posts but, when I checked you didn't and now you're watching me" I state with a smile on my face. He doesn't say anything just smirks. Then Liam comes back and they begin to talk about whatever they are talking.

The movie on the TV isn't interesting at all so I leave to my bedroom. I take my phone seeing that there is more than thirty minutes left I scroll on Instagram. Coming across Becca's Instagram I see that she's now with Joe. I'm not mad, we all knew that me and him won't work out with me being that far away. When I was at England I had a suspicion that she liked him and he did too. He was probably cheating all the time too but, at the time he was good for me. He was my first boyfriend, my first everything but, I never realised that our relationship was toxic until now. Scrolling through more people I find Kay's account and follow him. Why I have no idea, maybe because he is kind of fine.

-

"oh my god you have to try this on this would look soo good on you" I've lost count of which dress Ella gave me in the past ten minutes. We're here for dress shopping but, we can't find the perfect dress. Our birthdays are tomorrow and there is no dresses that seem to be good for her. "Kaylaa you HAVE to buy THIS dress, it's the one" she hands me a long black dress with a slit on the right leg. That dress is actually stunning. I look at the other dresses and take the same dress but, cherry red coloured. "we could be matching" I hand her the dress and she seems to be fan of it. I take the black dress out of her hands and go to try it on. Ella does the same and her boyfriend trails behind her holding her bags. I giggle to myself.

After putting on the dress I look into the mirror. The dress hugs all of my curves perfectly, the length is perfect. In a long time I feel gorgeous like this. I hear Ella coming out of the dressing room. "Kayla come out and show how are you looking" she says and I walk out. She immediately starts hyping me up. "Shitt Ella you're hot, if you weren't with him I would date you" I say looking at her then pointing at him. He plays along and acts hurt. She giggles and looks at me. "Kay you have to buy this dress like seriously It's made for you" we both look into the mirror.