diamond

"breaking news folks! our hero, radiant blaze, has miraculously survived the deadly poison shot at him

"breaking news folks! our hero, radiant blaze, has miraculously survived the deadly poison shot at him. how did he do it? we have no idea, but we're just glad he's okay and will soon be back on the scene. you can catch our exclusive interview with sky guardian, his partner, who will explain what happened and how they managed to save the aspiring hero.

which also reminded us of the time, his father, the grand luminous knight —"

as the journalist droned on about the hero, san couldn't help but roll his eyes. who even cared about the outdated apparently 'grand' luminous knight anyway? like this old man was on the verge of retiring, they really needed to let the 'legend' die.

however he couldn't deny feeling relieved that his antidote had worked. he couldn't let his toy die from something as pathetic as poison. san knew his father was behind the villain who shot radiant blaze, he controlled his movements, his mind control really was no joke. even if the villain would've wanted to free himself from it this was basically impossible.

unless he got captured or killed.

still. it was san's job to terrorize his pretty red haired boy, not some low-rank villain. attempting to take him out was like an insult to san's abilities. he was going to do it with no one help.

of course, san couldn't admit that he had given seonghwa's antidote to radiant blaze. what his father didn't know wouldn't kill him, however if he found out, san couldn't guarantee it wouldn't kill him. he hated when his family tried to interfere and make his job easier. he never asked for their help, and it insulted him that they even considered it.

"luminous knight, what a stupid name," he muttered, annoyed every time the hero's name was mentioned. even the simple mention of the hero name pissed him off. his family pissed him off.

"radiant blaze isn't any better," chimed in mingi, plopping down on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn in his lap. "and i know seonghwa basically gave him the antidote, didn't he?"

damn it. san really couldn't hide anything from his friend, and it annoyed him to no end. mingi could read him like a book, and it pissed him off. the list of things that annoyed san could go on forever.

he wasn't a very joyful person honestly. well not when everyone around him were getting on his nerves constantly. except like, mingi sometimes, seonghwa and his brother.

"yeah, but—"

"that was a good idea," mingi cut him off before he could finish his sentence. san raised an eyebrow in surprise, was that popcorn poisoned ? did he eat something that transformed him into a new person ?

"uhhh what was?"

"you giving radiant blaze seonghwa's antidote. i mean, you're the one who needs to take him down. it would've been embarrassing if that low villain did it for you."