punch

as yeosang burst into the apartment, his excitement was palpable, radiating from his every pore as he exclaimed, "i'm telling you, woo, a man asked for you!"

wooyoung immediately looked up at him with a raised eyebrow, his curiosity piqued. his friend's eyes twinkled with amusement, adding to his confusion. yeosang, at the same time, threw away his barista uniform and continued to stride through their apartment with a sense of purpose, making his friends dying to know more about the testament.

"so who are you talking about, sangie?" wooyoung inquired, barely able to stay seated as he leaned forward on the counter. the young man felt a glimmer of excitement travel through him at the thought that someone had asked to see him. it wasn't often that he received attention, at least not outside of his hero persona. it felt like no one was really interested in the real him... but that was why just this simple sentence ignited something inside of him.

and he couldn't wrap his head around the fact that maybe someone was finally interested in him.

"i don't know his name, but he's close with my man jongho. you know, the dark-haired one?" yeosang supplied, a mischievous glint in his eye. "he looks well-built and drinks his coffee with a hint of cinnamon! a weirdo just like you."

of course, wooyoung remembered the dark-haired man. his beauty was hard to miss. the thought that he was asking for him made him shift in his seat, the corner of his mouth tugging upwards, making him look like a happy idiot. and he loved cinnamon? now the young man was definitely on a cloud.

"anyway, let's go get your weak little body some training so you can come back to both jobs and see that mysterious man," his friend declared, quickly changing into his skyguardian suit.

wooyoung rolled his eyes but couldn't suppress the small smile that tugged at his lips. he forcefully dragged his body up to imitate yeosang, but all of his limbs felt heavy as he walked towards his own costume. it was as if his body knew it was going to be demolished with this training, but he had no choice. he had to get back into it someday.

wooyoung took a deep breath before putting on his costume, feeling the weight of the need to perform on his shoulders.

after all, that's what his father had told him when he got injured. no visit to the hospital, but he made sure to leave him a voicemail message made by a robot to let him know that if he didn't come back soon, someone else would steal his spotlight. and yes, no worries, only orders. that's why the young man had taken all the time in the world to really rest his leg, just to spite his father.

he did play a dangerous game most of the time. seeing how far he can go before getting punished for his arrogance or some bullshit like that.

as he slipped into his costume, wooyoung felt like it had been an eternity since he last put it on, not feeling the tight fabric familiar anymore, and it had only been close to two weeks. the weight of his outfit seemed to settle on his shoulders, and he felt his muscles ache with anticipation. but the thought of the mysterious man asking for him kept his spirits high, and he couldn't wait to see what awaited him in the coming days.