Week before the wedding

As with any wedding preparations need to be made and it was always stressful even for humans granted as demons you had underlings and powers to make things easier but when you had a fiance like Kaen calling it a nightmare would be an understatement.

"We are not planning a honeymoon, you've barely said a kind word in my direction how do you expect anything to happen between us for two weeks." "Well pardon me but last I checked I didn't ask to marry you the only reason I'm even here is because I would be allowed to see my family! Which come to think of it I've been in this hell hole with you for almost a month now and have yet to."

"Woman you are the sun in my side!" "Likewise your words are like wisteria in my eyes which is funny considering that one night." Kaen banged the table with his fists clearly in a rage. "If I had known you would act like this I never would've made that proposition in the first place!"

You rolled your eyes. "Well pardon me for wanting a decent wedding and what did you expect after showing up after how many years after leaving me for dead, I don't even know what became of my family I know I had one!" Kaen laughed..... actually laughed.

"I thought after this long you would figure it out, your family is dead, well not completely. Your parents yes are long gone I killed your brothers on sight but your sister however." "SHE'S ALIVE!"

Laughing again he sat back and placed his head on his hand as if to rest. "I'll tell you on one condition." With the news of your sister you were willing to do anything even if it meant ending your little cat and mouse game by revealing how you felt towards him, what who could blame you he was quite handsome.

"What, anything." You said calmly lowering your tough facade. "I wish for us to act like an actual couple for the remainder of the wedding preparations, granted not much to do, but should we have spare time we can use it to truly get to know each other and relax, besides you never did spend the night with me during your first week."

A bigger part of you wished for that but, as much as you hated to admit it you were falling for him more than you had fallen for Enmu which wounded you deeply for Enmu was your mate......but until the night you made up he spent centuries being cold to you because of Sana....Oh well you'd think more about it later.

"Well?" "Alright." Kaen smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist under normal circumstances you wouldn't have allowed that but you were intoxicated by his scent he smelled of oak, Sakura, and the sea did he always smell like this?

You fell into the hug you had to admit it to yourself you had fallen deeply for him and never wanted to let go. "There you go (Y,n). Let's finish up a bit for tonight then we'll go to bed the dawn is creeping."

You nodded and internally whined when he let you go but took pleasure in sitting next to him. "So about that honeymoon?" You chuckled. "It's not important though can we have vines up the altar it's an aged look I've always taken pleasure in."

He nodded. "Of course my sunflower." Again normally you would hate that nickname but it was sweet.

*A few hours later*
"Uh well that's done." Kaen groaned and popped his....well, everything. "I'm surprised we got this much done we ought to be able to get it all done by weekend." "Yeah, good lord. Let's go to bed."

You nodded but stopped dead in your tracks when you heard what can only be described as pop rocks and glow stick crunches coming from Kaen. In genuine worry you gently placed a hand on his back. "Are you alright?"

"Yes I'm fine, happens when I do to much work. I'll be fine by tomorrow." He walked away but you could tell it was painful for him. "Ya, no I'm not letting you be like this all night I'd be a shitty fiance if I did, come on my rooms closer I'm drawing you a bath."

Kaen looked surprised when you said that and even more so when you walked with him to your room. "Alright nice and warm it'll help your back." You said as you stopped the water filling the tub.

You walked away to get some bedclothes from his room and smiled a little when you heard him breathe a sigh of relief. When you got back with some sort of comfy clothes for him you noticed he looked much more relaxed.

"Why are you doing this?" "Well not just because of the condition of us acting like an actual couple but in all honesty I do care for you." He chuckled "I knew you'd crack eventually." The tone earning him a hard flick on his neck. "Ow shit."

"Careful, I may be nice right now but I'm still a bitch." You said apologizing in your own way. "Touche." Kaen muttered readjusting himself. While in this rare extremely caring mood of yours you decided to wash his back for him and massage his shoulders.

"Is that a reason why you didn't let me die that night?" Lost in your own thoughts that question snapped you back to reality. "What do you mean?" "When you poisoned me with wisteria, you gave the antidote and had me rest on your bed to recover. Did you care then?"

"I'm not doing this because of Stockholm syndrome if that's what your asking, and yes I did care for you then but what I said out loud wasn't a lie either."

A silence washed over and all either of you could hear were animals outside and the two of you breathing until after what seemed like eternity Kaen took your hand and kissed it. "Thank you, seriously thank you."

"No problem, how are you feeling now?" "Much better thanks to you, the bath and the massage helped a lot." "Good, come on let's go to bed."

The two of you got ready for bed and cuddled together under the covers of your bed. 'Maybe this week wont be such a nightmare after all.