Held Hostage

Rex groaned low under his breath, feeling tight cuffs around his wrists and ankles. Opening his eyes, he saw he was chained to a wall. Looking further, he saw that he was in the same room where the Commander was being held, along with Fives and Kix. 'Any of the others awake yet?'

Ahsoka tipped her head to look over at Rex. 'No. But I only woke up a few moments ago.'

Both quietly looked around, trying to assess the situation they were in before the last two started to wake.

"I see we're all awake."

Rex turned and looked over at the figure that walked into the room. They almost looked like a frog.

"What was the aim of kidnapping us?" Ahsoka asked.

"You can get us whatever we want!" The frogman said. "You'll fetch a pretty credit on the market."

Rex stayed silent, watching as the others swore and tried to get them released. He knew it wouldn't work, and they'll be fighting their way out.

-----

Cody hissed, reaching for his comm as it went off.

Obi-Wan snatched up the comm. "You are not to be doing any work; you got shot."

"It was a glancing blow at best; it hardly got my ribs," Cody muttered before holding his hand out to Obi-Wan, "anyway, that wasn't a work notification; the alert sequence was wrong."

Obi-Wan sighed before handing over the comm. "You're meant to be on bed rest, remember."

"I'm in bed," Cody said, motioning to the cot he was resting on. He opened up the message sent through, feeling his blood drain from him.

"Cody?" Obi-Wan asked, leaning forward as Cody went stark white, his signature shrivelled in fear.

"Rex has been kidnapped," Cody whispered, "Commander Tano, Rex, Fives and Kix disappeared post-battle. There are signs of a struggle in their last known location. The area has been checked, and they cannot be located."

"Have they received any word from their presumed kidnappers?" Obi-Wan asked, staring at Cody.

"No," Cody said, "they're scouring the planet, but there are no signs of them."

-----

"That one's stayed silent," one of the frogmen pointed out, "something to share, clone?"

Rex watched as the one that spoke approached and reached for his jaw. Seconds before, he snapped his jaw open, digging his teeth into the frog's wrist, feeling the burn in his jaw soothe.
He let go, watching the person stagger back, clutching his wrist, green blood oozing between their fingers. Rex could feel that same blood dripping down his chin.

"What was that?!" The frogman shouted, glaring at the other, "I thought you said they were human!"

"They're clones; they're human," the other said, "maybe he's a bitey human?"

The first frogman shoved his hand into the face of the other, "I have puncher wounds!"

The other shrugged, "they have teeth. Remember, mammals are strange."

Fives stared at Rex in confusion; the Captain was staring at the frog person he bit in a way it almost looked like he was waiting for something to happen.

-----

Obi-Wan was startled to his feet, "what are you doing?"

"I need to help," Cody said, hiding his pain as he untucked himself from the covers and swung his leg over the cot's edge.