Chapter 5

Jason started his day on a bad note. His fight with his Dad keeps boring back into his memories. He kept getting angry whenever he remembers what happened.
That morning was a bad one for him, he was walking in anger when he felt someone bump into him.

"What the heck", he yelled at the person who bumped into him. He raised his head and his eyes fell on a person whom he had never come across at NYU.

Pearl also lifted her head and saw a handsome-looking young man who seemed pretty angry. She was confused at his anger.

"We bumped into each other, why is he angry?", she said to herself.

"I'm so sorry about that".....Pearl started, she decided to be the bigger person and apologies but Jason interrupted.

" Are you blind or what?can't you see? you are walking around like your father owns this university", Jason thundered, attracting onlookers.

Pearl was dumbfounded at this rude stranger in front of her. She suddenly felt her nerves rising.
"Excuse me? it's clear we bumped into each other, your eyes were fixed on your phone, if it wasn't so you would have avoided me. Don't make it look like I am the only one at fault, besides I apologized, didn't I?", Pearl asked trying to be calm as ever.

" You are insane", Jason scoffed, "I don't have time to listen to your dumb speech", he said rudely as he walked past her.

Pearl was left in a trance. "What just happened? This is unbelievable! Hmmm, so much for my second day. Let me not be too quick to judge him, maybe he is having a rough day! , Pearl concluded. One good thing about her is that she tries to see the good in what anyone does, she never judges anyone.

She was still standing when Doreen moved towards her and asked if she was okay and Pearl narrated all that happened.
" Sorry about that dear, there are a lot of spoilt rich brats here, you just have to be patient", Doreen consoled.

"It's alright, by the way, I was meaning to ask if you know any church anywhere where I can worship?" Pearl asked inquisitively.

"Yes!!!!, I was about to invite you to one. Royal Priesthood Chapel, that's the church I attend, you will love the people there, Doreen cheered.

" Like seriously? I would love to attend", Pearl replied with so much joy.
"We even have a program today by 6 pm, I can take you there if you wish"
"Is that even a question?, of course, I wish"
The two girls burst into mirthful laughter.
"Oh right, I don't have your contact", Doreen stated.
"Oh true, here you go"
The two girls exchanged contact and there kept walking and conversing till they reached Pearl's room.
"Okay, this your stop, bye, I will come to pick you up by 5:45 pm", Doreen said.
" Okay, cool, thank you Dory", Pearl replied.
"Dory really", Doreen smiled," Okay Pearly bye, she waved as Pearl entered her room with a smile. She forgot about what happened earlier.

Pearl noticed that Kayla was in the room, lying lazily and pressing her phone.
"Hey Kayla, how was your day?"
Pearl asked in a bid to start a conversation.
Kayla looked at her strangely before replying, "It was fine, thank you"!
Not bad after all.
Pearl proceeded to her space and lay on her bed. She revised her notes and listened to a worship song with her earphones before she drifted to sleep.
********************************
Pearl stood up in a Jiffy, like someone that had a nightmare. She picked up her phone to check the time.

"Phew, it's just 5:30 pm, 15 minutes for me to get ready before Doreen comes."

She hurriedly rushed to the bathroom and took a quick shower. She dressed in a simple floral print skirt, and a white shirt paired with a jean jacket, which she paired with beautiful sandals. She took a scarf and stylishly tied it on her hair, leaving part of her wavy hair down, she loves her natural looks, so she just applied lip gloss on her lips. Satisfied with her looks, she took her bag and threw in her journal, Bible, and handkerchief(she never goes anywhere without them, like me, lol).
**Pearl's dress style is up in the media, but that is not Pearl please***

She took her bag and headed for the door but turns back to face her roommate who was quiet and still on her phone.

" Kayla, I will be going to Church okay? I forgot to ask if you want to tag along", Pearl asked.
Kayla looked at her like she had grown horns, "I don't want to, never knew you were a religious girl, well that's how everyone is, let's see how way you can go", she spats leaving Pearl shocked.

Pearl went out of the room still concerned and shocked at her words but she decided to forget about what she said.
"Hey Pearly, you look so beautiful", She heard Doreen say from behind.
" Hi, you look good too, I love your gown"
"Awwww, thank you Pearly, let's go".

As Pearl walked into the Chapel, she felt goosebumps all over her. She felt the spirit of God, she felt his presence.
"Oh Abba, thank you for leading me here, I can feel you, oh how much I love you."

Doreen led her to a pew, where they sat as melodious songs from the choristers filled the air. The church consisted of mainly young adults and youths.

After the worship session, a man whom she rightly guessed was the pastor came up. He looked like he was in his 50s, he looked young and she guessed that the woman who sat next to him was his wife.
"Welcome to church once again, I am pastor Greg Williams, I will love you to know that God is here in our midst" Pastor Greg spoke with so much zeal.
" I love to bring to you the word of God from the topic that says "You are light"...
****************
Hey peeps. How do you all do?
So what do you think about this chapter?
Is Jason being rude justified?
What do you think of Pearl, Kayla, and Doreen?
What about her dress? What are your dress styles?

I love reading comments y'all, do feel free to spam the comment sections.
Polite critics are allowed.
Love ya🥰🤭❤❤❤

Wait.....
Where are you going without hitting that cute star button🥺
Please vote, comment, and share.
I heart you❤💗💯💋💋🤭