Ch.23

Lexie knew how things with her and Nikki had been tense since she had told her she was keeping her baby. She hated how she felt like Nikki wasn't supportive of her. And she hated it.

She knew how Nikki had been supportive of Esmè being pregnant. But when it came to her, she was trying to convince her to have an abortion.

Lexie knew she was excited to keep her baby. She was excited to be a mum. She felt like she could do it. That she could be a good mum.

She was thankful that she had Simon's support. He had told her he was going to do whatever he could to be there and support her and their baby.

Lexie knew she needed to keep the fact that Simon was the father. She knew how Esmè knew. But she also knew her sister would keep it quiet.

All she knew was that the tense atmosphere in the house wasn't good for her. And she didn't know what to do.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She sighed and climbed out of bed. She left her bedroom to see Esmè standing there. "Mum is on one today. Something about Simon ruining her career."

"What?"

"I don't know. I bailed as soon as she started going on about nonsense. Don't listen to her. Whatever she says," Esmè told her.

Lexie groaned. "I can't be dealing with this. I honestly can't," she said as she walked downstairs.

Nikki looked to her and sighed. "Look, you and I both know you're not capable to raise a baby. You need to give the baby to someone who can raise it."

Lexie shook her head. "I am not giving my baby away.  You're my mum. You're supposed to be supportive of me. And the choices I make," she said.

Nikki sighed. "Well I can't. It's bad enough I've got one pregnant daughter. Two is just a joke," she told her as she turned and walked off.

Lexie stood there in shock. Feeling broken that her own mum wasn't supportive of her.

***
Lexie went into school. She sighed as she saw Simon. He was standing with Max. She walked over. "I need to talk to you. I really do," she said.

Simon frowned as he saw she was close to tears. He followed her inside. "Hey. What's wrong?" He asked as he looked to her.

"My mum. She says I should give the baby to someone who can actually raise it. I-I don't know what to do," she sobbed.

Simon frowned. He hated how Nikki wasn't being supportive of Lexie. He knew how he wanted to confront Nikki. But he couldn't. Not without letting it slip that he was the one who got her pregnant.

***
Lexie was sitting in the common room. She looked up to see Esmè as she walked in. She sighed. "I heard what mum said. She's a cow. I know you can be a good mum. I know you've got what it takes," she told her.

Lexie shook her head. "My own mum thinks I'm going to be crap. Maybe she's right. Maybe I should give it up," she mumbled.

Esmè looked to her. "You're not going to let mum win. You're keeping your baby. And it's going to be okay. I promise you."

Lexie loomed to her sister and sighed. But with her having doubts, would she really consider giving her baby up for adoption?
.