• im fine, i promise. •

POV — THIRD PERSON
TIME — SAME AS BEFORE

"I-Is.. Is he drowning..?,"Lo'ak said, turning his head to Kiri, worried.
"Ah, fuck it." Aonung mumbled. He leaped into the water, holding his breath, and went to Neteyam as fast as he could. Tsireya and Lo'ak looked at eachother, worried but at the same time confused.
"Is he gonna save him?"
"I believe so.." In the distance, Aonung sped to Neteyam. He was weak and limp, preparing for his death.
"Neteyam!" He opened his eyes, still tired. His dull, yellow eyes that needed to be filled with hope. Aonung rushed to him, laying his big hands on his waist, pulling him up while the sky frowned upon them, cursing them with rain pouring.
Fuck!
"Swim over there! And be careful, dont drown!," he said, him pointing at a rock, which soon revealed that Aonung had lost his grip on Neteyam, not holding him anymore. He has fell, once again. He gasped, ready to hold his breath. It was a struggle to get down, as each wave and each leap underwater, the ocean just rocked even more terribly. Neteyam layed on the reef floor unconscious. Aonung sped, ignoring all the strength it took him to swim down and get him. He grabbed Neteyams waist, swimming upwards. Once he finally got up, he called to his ilu once again, ready to bed to the rock.
"Cmon! It's okay boy, let's go !" He turned his head back to see if Neteyam had woken up yet.
Fuck. He was the lightest shade of blue. Lo'ak and Kiri sat at the tip of the rock, leaning into the water ok their knees to see how their poor either had been, as they were worried sick. Aonung finally arrived.
"Someone! Do cpr! Now!," Tsireya cried
"No! Dont! Look!" Lo'ak said, pointing at Neteyam coughing. He rose up quickly.
"Bro! You skxawng ! What were you trying to do, kill yourself?!," Lo'ak screamed at Neteyam. Instead of being sad, he just hugged him, tight.
"You saved me, brother?" Lo'ak shakes his head, pointing at Aonung. He leaned into Aonung once again, kissing him swiftly.
"Bro! What the hell??!," Roxto and Lo'ak said, in sync.
"What?! Isn't that how you say thank you?"
"No bro, no!" Neteyam chuckled, covering his face with his hand.
"Bro don't laugh, you almost died," Aonung insisted.
"Lets go back," Tsireya suggested. Aonung nodded.
Roxto laughed when he was about to get on his ilu, looking at Aonung.
"Bro! What was that?," he says, giggling.
"Nothing, dipshit!" Aonung help it but laugh. Roxto was his bestfriend, and his laugh would make jokes 100 times better.

The next day, Tsireya insisted various times that Neteyam didn't have to take the swimming lessons for they day, but Neteyam would just say,
"How will I learn if I just give up?," smiling. That day, it was very important. The day of the ilu. We all surround Aonung, as he makes a clicking noise. Two cute and petite animals go near him, raising their heads and Aonung moved his hands.
"These are ilu. If you want to live here, you have to ride." Lo'ak had the help of Tsireya. Roxto helped Kiri and Tuk, and Aonung helped Neteyam. Aonung had been feeling quite daring that day, so he decided to go up to Neteyam and say this :
"Hey pretty boy. Ready to learn how to ride an ilu?" He was shocked as he saw that Neteyam had made no reaction to his way to call him cute. He just smiled.
"Yeah," he said, looking into Aonungs glowy eyes. Aonung stared back.
Something about those yellow, glowy eyes.
"Alright then.. Follow me." He walked up to an ilu. Neteyam instantly turned his head away.
"What? What's wrong," he said, panicking and going up to Neteyam, thinking it was a side effect of the drowning.
"Y..You can look into her eyes?"
"Uh.. Yeah. Why wouldn't you?" Neteyams face turns to relief.
"O-..Oh. It's just that, well our ikrans we- nevermind." Aonung looked at him weirdly.
"Get onto him." Neteyam followed.
"Alright, now make the bond."
"Wait," Neteyam said, turning around.
"Lo'ak is trying. I wanna see, I bet he will do great."
"Oh, this is gonna be fun", Aonung mumbles under his breath. Neteyam slapped his shoulder, laughing.
"Shut up, Aonung!," he said, giggling. Aonung looked at him. He's so.. He's so beautiful.
Lo'ak took a deep breath after connecting his braid, creating tsa'heylu. His eyes opened once again, ready to start. His ilu raced, and Lo'ak could barely hold on. Eventually he fell, but Neteyam said it was "because he was learning."
"Alright, forest boy. Enough excuses. Make tsa'heylu." Neteyam has always been very creatively Hes a lot like Kiri. He loves exploring. But unlike Kiri, he was not only favorited by one animal like her, he was favorited by every. He was an animal person, it was his thing.
"Feel his breath," Aonung says, placing his hand on Neteyams thigh. Neteyam inhaled, closing his eyes. He thought, swim, my sweet ilu. And just as that, the ilu slowly moved down into the water. Neteyam held his breath. The ilu moved gracefully, going at a slower pace whenever he felt that Neteyam felt unsafe from the tsa'heylu.
Swim faster, sweet ilu. The ilu went faster, moving from sides to side, but making sure that Neteyam stayed on the his back.
Turn around, my sweet sweet ilu. Once he came back, everyone looked at him with their jaw dropped.
"H-..How..? He is a forest boy..!," One of Aonungs friends said. Tsireya smiled, clapping her hands.
"That was great, Neteyam!," she said, smiling.

Once the lesson was done, Neteyam went up to Lo'ak. Yes, it was true that Lo'ak was jealous of Neteyam perfectness, he was still happy for his brother. Lo'ak would never, ever wish something bad upon his brother.

This part is so messy and choppy but whatever 😭

991 words

-loverwtoh3k