Rise of the Green Hood and the Red Shadow Pt. 1

"A long time ago, since the Feudal Era. An infant girl found near the rivers of Mt. Fuji, left to die alone. Then a samurai heard her cry and took her as his own. The girl was named Homura Kyosika. From that day on, she was raised and trained to become a samurai herself. Little did Homura know was that she held a power very incredible that Vandar Adg would have none of. From her perspective, she had dreamt of a bird embodied with flames, becoming one with her aura. She became known as the Phoenix."
____________________________________________

South Korea

January 1, 2028

1:24 ETD

In an Olympic Gymnasium stadium in South Korea, there was a world tournament for ages 10-13 for a Kickboxing Tournament. Many children and their parents arrived at the stadium. A 10-year-old girl with ginger hair and vietnamese descent, is punching in the air to prepare for the tournament.

My name is Lian Harper, and people call me a she-beast when I took kickboxing. My mom left me and Dad when I was a tiny tot. Dad told me that she died overseas, but I knew it was a lie. Wherever she is, it is a mystery I will find. Someday.

Then she performs a kick from middle to high, 3 in the row. Then she turned to her father, also gingered-haired, but not of vietnam descent. He smiled at her. The girl smiled back at him as they both waved to each other.

When preparations are over, the girl was closing her locker to put bandages on her wrist and palms. Only to be encountered by a girl with dark-brown hair. "Are you from Star City too?" Asked the girl her age.

"Yes, are you gonna fight in the tournament too?" Asked the first girl.

"Yeah. I always wanna do the tournament. I have been signing up to do this since Dad took me to kickboxing matches."

"Really? My aunt taught me how to do it."

"I'm Zoe."

"Lian." The two girls shook hands. "I think we should see who is the best in the game."

"You're on!" The two agreed to settle this friendly rivalry in the tournament. "Zoe! The game is about to start!" Her father called, he approached the girls, and wore an eye patch. "I see you made a new friend. I'm Zoe's father."

Lian cannot help but look at the eyeptach. "Whoa, cool eyeptach, mister!" Lian said it. Not many are offended to see an eye patch. Otherwise people would mistake Zoe's father for a pirate or a bandit.

The man chuckled. "Thank you, you know, not many kids are used to seeing an old man with an eye patch."

"What? How come your scar isn't cool? It's more or a symbol of a fighting spirit!" Lian replied. The man smiled again, but something about the man to Lian didn't look right. Seeing the eyes in Zoe's father are guilt. And Lian wasn't sure why. Almost he was about to do something he was about to regret.

"Daddy? You okay?" Zoe asked her father. Zoe's father shook his head and turned to his daughter. "Sorry, sweetie. Daddy's just exhausted from a flight. I'll be rooting for you when you compete." Zoe's father kisses her on the cheek and left.

Lian raised an eyebrow, for some reason, she sees grey aura around his body. "Is your dad okay?" Asked Lian.

"He's just stressed from work nowadays. He hoped to see me here. This is the first time he has visited in years since he and Mom..." Zoe twirled her fingers around. Lian knew what she meant. "Oh...Sorry to hear that. But hey, may the best one wins." Lian smirk competitively.

Zoe smiled in agreement. "Yeah, good luck."

"Thanks." The two girls then left the locker room for the tournament to begin. In the final round, Lian is up against Zoe. "Harper Lian, vs Lawton Zoe." The referee then stood in front of the two young fighters.