Hoseok's request

●○•°☆°•○●

●○•°☆°•○●

"did you find it yet?"
one of the two males in the room blurted out, exhaustion clearly audible in his tone.

The other male who was tapping something on his laptop stopped abruptly, folding it shut as he looked at his friend. A look of disappointment in his face as his umpteenth attempt of searching for a job vacancy went in vain.

"no"

"see it's not too late to call Jung Hoseok"
the friend replied as he flicked a card on his hand which had some information printed on it.

"tae I've told you enough, what if he's a scammer hmm–it'll only be a waste of our time and effort"

"but it won't hurt just to try right. besides he looked like such a gentleman, he can't be doing such work"

Jimin stood up from his chair and walked to his bed, throwing himself on his back and staring at the empty ceiling.

Taehyung too got up from the couch and went to lay beside his best friend.
"you should give it a chance nah. he said that they needed employees like you"
He said, handing Jimin the card.

He took it in his hand; inquiring it with a frown and small pout in his lips. after racking his head for a good minute he made up his mind to call the number displayed on the card.

"god! finally"
Taehyung hissed when the male went to look for his phone which was carelessly thrown in the corner half an hour earlier.

After finding the device, Jimin went back to have a seat in his bed. Taehyung streching himself up as his eyes focused on the screen where the numbers had been dialed.

"just press it before I do–"
he said annoyed upon seeing his friend moving his thumb back and forth from the call button.

"shut up tae!"
Jimin said as he sucked in a breath for courage.

"here we go"

with the button being pressed and the ring going on, Jimin put the phone on speaker placing it between their faces as the two friends waited for the other line to pick it up.

Jimin nearly choked on air when the  call was answered briefly and a cheerful yet arid voice came from there.

"hello this is Jung Hoseok CHRO of Crystal enterprises, how may I help you"
the intro was short but left an impact on the poor barista whose hands were fighting to keep steady.

(an:sorry I srsly don't know how professional people answer calls🫤)

"h–hello, this is Park Jimin"
he spat with a shaky voice, wanting to punch himself square in the face for such behaviour. Taehyung internally face palmed from his action.

No reply was heard after his name was said. Jimin was about to go in despair but luckily a response from Hoseok saved his mentality.

"oh Park! I remember you. from valley high café right?"
Hoseok's tone changed from stern to a rather warm in a second.

"you finally called. we were waiting for you since the day I met you"

Was Jimin hearing it right? they were waiting for him?

"Jimin–shi. are you there?"
Hoseok's question interrupted Jimin from his thoughts. he shaked his head once trying to focus on the going call.

"yes, I apologize for not replying"

"it's completely fine. anyways let's get straight to the point since I don't have much time left"

Jimin listened to him carefully, Taehyung doing the same.

"we're in search of some people for the position of receptionist in our company, so if maybe if you're interested you can apply for it"
He simply explained the purpose of him sharing his contact with Jimin.

"I'm in for it, could you tell me about the documents I need for it?"
Jimin's happiness couldn't find an end to it when Hoseok said that. It was his chance to finally get a better job and earn money, he wasn't gonna let go of this opportunity.

"great! there's isn't much to do though. you have to come to the company's main building at may 11, 9 in the morning with your academic certificates, rest you can fill up a form and wait for the results to be processed"

Taehyung rushed to get a notebook and a pen to write down the date and time. Jimin thanked Hoseok trying to supress his overwhelming feelings, though it was too obvious.

"thankyou so much Mr. Hoseok, I'll be there! have a good day"

"alright have a good day too Mr. Park"

with that, the call was ended. Jimin jumped from his seat with his fists in the air as his face held a gleaming smile. Taehyung pulled him in a hug as the two friends were about to burst from happiness.

"I told ya, congrats minmin"
Taehyung shouted.

"I take back whatever I've said about him, thankyou tae"
Jimin replied.

as they broke their hug Taehyung took out his own phone, scrolling down the contacts to call someone.
"I'm gonna call Namjoon hyung and the others, they're gonna be so proud"

as Taehyung went to call their remaining friends, Jimin stood still.

Was it all gonna go well though?