Chapter 38

'Cheollie oppa?'

'Good morning princess, how are you feeling?'

'I'm better than last night... thank you for letting us sleep over last night... I'll move out today with the kids'

'You know I'm fine with you staying here right? Although I'm not sure why you don't want to live with Jeonghan now, I'm sure he would hope you are safe and I can protect you. The three of you'

'I don't want to trouble you... I know you care about us'

'Fine... at least stay till you can find a suitable apartment please?'

Minji nodded and went to make breakfast for all of them. Seungcheol stared at Minji's back, he wanted to hug her, comfort her, protect her but who was her to do so? Who was her to replace Jeonghan. Minji hasn't told him what happened but he knew it was a traumatic experience, seeing that her eyes were puffy which meant she cried herself to sleep.

'Samchonnie~'

Youngji whined as she came down the stairs rubbing her eyes, seeing her uncle.

'Good morning baby, how was your sleep?'

'It was ok, I miss appa's hug. He usually hugs me in the middle of the night. Samchonnie, where's appa?'

'Appa's busy at work. Why don't you go find eomma in the kitchen? She's cooking breakfast. Do you want to find out what she is making?'

Youngji's eyes lit up and ran to find Minji. Seungcheol let out a breath he was holding. He didn't know what to tell her.

'Good morning Seungcheol samchon'

'Good morning Seungie, how was your sleep?'

'I guess it was ok... Sorry I declined your offer to sleep with you...'

'No worries about it bud! You want to find eomma? She's cooking breakfast with Youngie'

'Okay'

(After breakfast)

'Samchonnie~ can you help me tie my hair?'

'My little princess wants to be pretty for school?'

Seungcheol took the rubber band from Youngji's hand and carefully braided her hair.

'Done! Do you like it?'

He passed her a mirror.

'It's so pretty! Thank you Cheollie samchon! You do a better job than appa'

'Really? How about I do your hair from today onwards?'

'Yes please!!'

Seungcheol cooed at Youngji's cuteness and continued to help her get ready for school.

'Seungie! Let's go before you are late for school!'

Minji tapped Seunghan's back gently, calling him awake since he fell asleep while eating breakfast.

'Seungie?'

Seunghan drowsily opened his eyes and Minji noticed something wrong. She pressed her palm against his forehead and realised he was burning.

'Cheol oppa, can you bring Youngji to school? I will send Seunghan to the hospital. He is burning'

'I'll bring Seungie to the hospital. You hate that place'

'But-'

'Minji'

Seungcheol used a very determined tone, not allowing Minji from going against his words.