є͙͉̱͌̏ͥ̉̀ร̻͉̘̘̼̰͈͋̏ͣ͡ς̈́̌̏̆҉̣̪̳̜̫ค̡̰̟̥̭͔̦̫͓̿͊ק̈́͏͇̝̤є̠̤͍̪̝̙̭̒ͭ̂͒͟ the Dreamscape!

When Starlight woke up, he was still in the room. Shuffling out of bed they looked through the books and pictures. And found something... that shocked them... A drawing of V, Gigi, and themselves. With a lot of names for the AU ending in a question mark, as if someone was trying to think of what to call the AU. They stared at the picture for ages before it clicked, Starlight's human self... made the AU that they were reborn in. Starlight suddenly felt a chain snapping, as if the revelation broken something free in their soul. Standing up, Starlight was filled with determination. The determination to get back to where ever they were and tell V everything. The only question was... how?

The obvious choice was the door, going over to it, Starlight was filled with an immense amount of fear and dread. Rushing away from the door in a panic, they dover under the covers like a scared child. Why?! Why were they so scared of the door?! They hiccupped lightly as they tried to stop crying. They shouldn't be this scared of a damn door~! Huffing dramatically in determination, they slide back out of bed to try again. And once more, they panicked and started crying before diving under the covers. This was stupid~! Why were they so scared of a fucking door?! Sniffling lightly, they yawned a bit and ended up falling asleep in bed.

A bit later, Starlight came up with a plan to open the door. They just wouldn't look at it, a good plan they thought. The tried it a few times, the first time they nearly had a panic attack. Just knowing the door was there scared them. The next time was... better but not the time. Third time was the charm though as they marched to the door. They walked over to it closing their eyes as they gripped the handle, and turned it. Ripping the door open they opened their eyes... to the weird place with the door. The chains now broken, and the door unlocked.

Fresh: "Ah here ya are dawg, got out all on your radical self. Totes impressive bruh, now lets get you awake."

In an instant, Starlight was thrown back into his body. Being held in his mother's arms after she had been informed about the situation. And after a bit of explaining on Red's part, Starlight was up and about. Not to long after V returned home with his baby bones, Starlight feeling he needs to tell him at least rushed in tackling V into a tight hug. V blinked and caught his brother mid jump asking if Starlight, was Starlight. They could only hug tighter and nod. 

V: Glad to have you back, you alright, bud? 

Starlight began to talk but then stopped, they couldn't say it. They loved being just Starlight, they loved being V's brother... but even that was called into question now. They were apparently female in their past life, so ... could they still be counted as V's "brother" if they used to be a girl?

V: "Wanna explain?"

Still they were silent....

V: "Starlight, whatever it is, you can tell me... nothing will make me think any less of you."

Starlight: "I.... don't know... if Imma a boy or girl anymore..."

V: "Alright, so what pronouns do you want me to use?" 

Starlight: "I don't know..."

V: "Hey, it's okay, we can figure it out together. For now, do you wanna see the clothes Spiral and Nebula got?"

Starlight nodded lightly and moved away from V, and apologized for worrying him.

V: "You really don't have to apologize. I'm always gonna worry about you, even when you're at your best, because I'm your older sibling."

Starlight choked back tears, he or they or she.... Whatever they were, they WERE NOT V's younger Sibling... Sans DIED the first genocide run and they stole his place. Before long it was to much and Starlight fell to the floor and began sobbing in screaming sorrow. They wanted to go back to the dream, to return to their human bed. To their stories and books, to anywhere but here. It was to painful now that they remember everything! Starlight felt V pull them into a hug, and rub their back. But they didn't feel they deserved it....

Starlight: "... ᴵ'ᵐ ⁿᵒᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵇʳᵒᵗʰᵉʳ...

Their voice was so, so very quiet, Starlight was unsure V heard them...

V: "Hold on, I'm bringing us to your room so people don't accidentally overhear us." 

V picked Starlight up and then they were in Starlight's room, before He gently sat down on the bed. 

V: "Now what's this about you saying you aren't my brother? I'm not angry, just confused on what you mean."

Starlight: "...Sans... died... like died, died the first genocide run....... And... I took... no I stole their place... I didn't really remember or understand it at first... I thought... my partial memories of my past life were dreams... I'm sorry I lied to you...." 

With that they break down complete, tears flowing uncontrollably as their bones rattled in anguish and sorrow. V was, silent for the longest time, as he gently rubbed Starlight's back.

V: "Starlight... this is admittedly a bit confusing. But Sans's dying isn't your fault. You didn't take or steal his place, you also never lied to me, or Our mom. I am.... so sorry you are going through this, but I'll be here for you, okay? You are still my baby sibling, no matter what happened, or who you used to be. I'm not gonna turn my back on you just because you gained your past life's memories. I am so proud of you for being brave enough to tell me. It must have been really scary for you to tell me all this."

Starlight gripped V's shirt babbling incoherently between choking gasping sobs. It was nearly impossible to make out what they were saying....

Starlight: "How can you say that so easily? I'm a fake Sans~!"

V: You aren't a fake Sans! And I can say it easily because it's true. You are not to blame for Sans dying, and you aren't to blame for waking up in a strange body. You are my baby sibling, just like Sans was. And I love both of you, learning this doesn't change that."

Starlight gripped V's shirt tighter, their finger bones popping painfully their grip was so tight. They tried to, wanted to calm down, but the couldn't. It hurt to much emotionally, they just wanted it to stop. Outside the door to the room Nightmare stood, filtering and feeding off the smaller's negativity. That along with V's constant comfort helped Starlight finally start to calming down. They sniffled a bit and wiped their nose with their arm rainbow magic smearing on their bones.

Starlight: "Ew, and... what happened to my magic...?"

V: "I'm not sure, but it's not the first time it turned Rainbow since arriving... though I'm not sure why it's like how it is. You feeling okay for now?"

Starlight: ".....Mom's gonna hate me."

They curled up on V's lap, not wanting to move, not caring who was there. V carefully moving them into a better position.

V: "We don't know that... We won't know how Mom will react unless we tell her. But no matter what happens I'll always be with you though."

Starlight just nodded, they were tired already, and really sad, and scared. But felt better knowing V would stay by their side. Soon they fell asleep again, on V's lap, something's never change huh?