Staff Meeting

Evan 

I was holding a staff meeting. 

"Good morning. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Evan Speck. I worked with some of you when I was your boss at Speckulate. And I'm stepping up as interim CEO at Bulk Beauty until Mariana can get back on her feet and... Takes back the reins. Hopefully sooner than later." 

Drake stood next to me. 

"So, I would love to get some status updates. Um... Purple Team, where are you with--" 

"Uh... Actually, our Pink Team VPs have got some interesting market research I think we should start with. Their new app should be a big moneymaker for us. Right, Tony? Vincent? Nathan?" 

"Big payday!" 

"Beaucoup bucks!" 

"Gonna be huge!" One of them imitated Donald Trump. 

They laughed. 

"Sounds great. Can't wait to see the beta test. Now back to Purple Team." 

"Uh... Yes." I called on a girl who had her hand raised. 

"Yeah. I wanted to ask about the rumors." 

Flashback 

"The less you divulge to anyone regarding the shooting and your involvement, the better." 

End of flashback 

"About layoffs. Are those actually coming?" 

"I got it." Drake told me. 

"Uh... Hey, guys. Don't listen to rumors. Remember, rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots." He answered. 

"Do you have any other questions for Evan?" 

"Um... Yeah. I have one. Is it true you were involved in Mariana's shooting?" 

Flashback 

I removed seeing the bullet pierce Mariana. 

I remember her hitting the ground after that. 

End of flashback 

"Wasn't the bullet meant for you?" 

Flashback 

I remembered running. 

End of flashback 

"Why did Mariana make you her proxy?" 

Flashback 

I remembered sleeping with Mariana while she was working at Speckulate. 

End of flashback 

"Weren't you sleeping with her?" 

"Did you get her shot so you could take over Bulk Beauty?" Claire questioned. 

Flashback 

I remember putting pressure on the bullet wound with Joaquin's jacket. 

End of flashback 

"Didn't you and your Speckulate friends try to sue her?" 

"Yeah. What about Speckulate? Are you just bailing on us?" It was one of the board members, Dylan. 

"Who's feeding my turtle?" It was Mariana. 

"Donatello!" 

End of flashback 

"Remember, rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots." 

"Now does anyone have anymore questions for Evan?" 

"No? Okay. Back on Pink Team."