Chapter 2

."You sure do love helping do you?" Mae said. "Oh of course it's my specialty to help out!" Annabeth exclaimed. After talking for awhile Mae was starting to warm up to Annabeth despite her creepy appearance. From time to time Annabeth got clumsy as they walked. She'd trip and fall but Mae would help her up. Also she scratches her neck vigorously like she had fleas. Mae would check up on her and Annabeth would say she's fine. That's another problem Mae happened to notice the constant neck scratching. Once they arrived at Annabeth's room. Mae completely forgot she was even walking there. "You gonna be fine?" Mae called out from the door. "Yep don't mind me!" Annabeth said.

Mae finally had found her idea and bounded off to catch up with Oden and his partner Arrow for their mission. Mae thought more about Annabeth. Like she had to care for her. She was clumsy and possibly had fleas. Mae promised herself she'd check up on her often during their walk.

"Got myself a delicious haul am I right bobo?" Casimir chuckled. The mute small mouse reddish-brown fur with white underparts nodded and smiled brightly. The two rodents were walking through a dark sewer hall with a dirty river flowing softly. Casimir carried the bagel recipe in his bag and carried a half piece of the ultimate bagel in his hand taking a bite out of the snack.

"These aren't too bad might go back for another." His voice was incoherent and rumbled as he chewed. Bobo stopped and sniffed the air. He tugged on Casimir's fur trying to alert him someone was coming. "Yes bobo something wrong?" Bobo pointed behind him hearing a small sound of pawsteps. Casimir quickly dropped his bagel and held his guard down putting his hand in his bag for his knife. He swayed his hand through the bag realizing that he had left his weapon.

"You think the boss is going to give us a reward for this?" Oden asked his companion Arrow. Oden was a skinny grey rat with a bandage hiding his left missing eye. "Shut up he might hear us." Arrow snapped. Arrow was a darker grey than Oden his fur had several battle scars and a small puffy tuft of fur on his head. They were walking to Casimir's scent following his trail sniffing the air carrying thick ropes. Behind them Mae snuck quietly.

Arrow could smell another scent but from the kingdom. It was not Oden's nor Casimir's. "Do you smell that." Arrow pumped. "Smell what?" Oden stopped for Arrow. Mae suspected that they could smell her and shivered recoiling back a little bit. "It's in the way of the criminal's scent." Arrow sniffed the air vigorously. "Who's there!" A voice called from upon the darkness. "Oden!" Oden called back. Arrow grabbed him by the chest and slapped Oden then shushed him. "You're not supposed to tell him you idiot!" Arrow hissed.

"Oden who is this Oden?" The voice replied. The figure was becoming more conhearent. It was Casimir. "We got em." Arrow smirked coming closer to Casimir. "I have teeth and I ain't afraid to use em!" Casimir snarled. "You're under arrest!" Oden stood up on his hind quarters and did finger guns. "You idiot we are capturing him!" Arrow said tripping Oden so he could fall. Mae giggled very loudly at the sight of the two fighting. Getting Arrow's attention.

"What are you laughing at." Arrow said stood his chest against Casimir's holding him down. "I didn't laugh at you at all big nose." Casimir said then immediately held his mouth and wrinkled his nose in disgust. "But yuck do you ever wash yourself!?" Arrow sniffed himself and died inside but he held in his disgust. He picked up Casimir but his scruff angrily and signaled Oden that it was time to go. Oden nodded and picked up bobo. They attempted wrapping the ropes around bobo and Casimir.

"Put me down!" Casimir struggled by twisting and turning. Arrow quickly pulled the rope from his paws and tied it around Casimir's neck. "Hold still!" Oden instructed. "Bobo bite!" Casimir choked. Bobo nodded and sunk his teeth into Oden's paw causing small amounts of blood to trickle from it. Oden screeched and threw bobo sliding close by the river. "NO!" Casimir yowled tugging at the ropes. Bobo hung on to the edge of the river climbing back up and running for his life away from it. He looked back at his struggling friend.