Chapter 3

Oden,Arrow,Casimir,and Mae all walked into the council room. It was a wide room with seats on the side of it. There were two big seats for the king and queen to sit in the middle of the room. The chair was carved of a fine oak, crested with several jewels and decorative metals forming an elegant coat of arms. Although the seat of King was impressive, it was a mere stool compared to the throne he sought to sit upon. In the throne was King Fulton and the queen's seat sat Cedar. On the left side chairs were Ozias,Wilfred,Teo, and a few of the council members Mae didn't know the names of. On the right were more council members and Viggo. Beside him was Annabeth and leonie.

"Mae there you are I was looking for you all day you have gotten me worried!" Fulton said. Mae shuffled closer beside Casimir then spoke. "I was uh going to get some items down at the market jeez you're so overprotective!" "Overprotective?! I'm only trying to protect you remember what happened to your mother? Fulton replied in disgust." You always think of the past what about the future!" Mae shouted. "Silence! I don't wanna hear another word out of you until I say" Fulton growled.

Mae crosses her arms and grunted in anger but didn't think to argue. Fulton turned to Oden and Arrow "Good job collecting him I shall give you both something in return later but first we must discuss this thief." Oden and Arrow looked at each other in accomplishment. Mae just rolled her eyes to look at leonie who looked like she was ready to spit venom out her teeth. She snarled at her and Casimir disturbingly.

Leonie then immediately stood up. "If Mansi said sacrifice him then I'm definitely for that!" An unfamiliar rat nodded in agreement. "We cannot afford to have more items stolen from this criminal I say a sacrifice." "We are not putting death upon him yet however Ozias will explain his suicide mission." Fulton growled. "SUICIDE? WHAT! OH NO NO NO!" Casimir pleaded. "Quiet you wait until it's your turn." Leonie snapped. "I don't give a damn what your ruler says I have a reason to live!"

"both of you SILENCE you will not speak until I order or I'll punish both of you." Fulton retaliated."Now If you please Ozias can you please explain?" Ozias nodded and closed his eyes. "Thou who steals shall go upon the surface find the humans and destroy their extermination supplies must hurry before they find us." Everyone gasped and looked at each other muttering. "Oh my god that's even worse!" Casimir whined. "You must go and destroy their supplies before they come down to the sewers and kill us all." Fulton ordered. Casimir shook his head vigorously . "You should find someone else I ain't doing it."

"I suppose I'm going to have to ... well execute him for his crimes." Fulton pondered. "NO YOU BETTER N-." Casimir said But was interrupted. "SILENCE!" Fulton hissed. "Dad please let me go with him I can help him out!" Mae offered. "No ive already said this I don't want you getting killed!" "Well I'm not gonna get hurt please just trust me!" "Let her go sire Mansi has spoken to me and they said she must go." Ozias spoke. Mae turned to Ozias in confusion. He looked back and just winked. Mae returned him with a smile. "Are you sure?" "Yes I wouldn't lie about Mansi to you."

"Very well thief I'm trusting you to protect my daughter with all the strength you can." Fulton said. "Yeah whatever I don't care." Casimir growled. "Also my name is Casimir." "If you fail your mission you will probably die anyways ain't that right." Leonie snickered. "Hush Leonie now go you two make sure to pack your stuff Mae before you leave." Fulton declared. "And everyone else can leave this meeting has been dismissed." Everyone rose to their feet and either left the room or stayed to talk to one another. Casimir immediately tried to leave the room. "Hey wait up!" Mae shouted following Casimir.

"What." Casimir grumbled. "I don't need my stuff I bet you have stuff for me." Mae replied sweetly. "I see." Casimir lifted his nose to sniff the air. Ozias ran up to them which I made them hault. "Thank you Ozias for your help." Mae bowed. "It's nothing I don't usually lie but you two are a perfect duo." Ozias smiled but quickly turned to a frown."I'm rather proud of my ability to tell lies about Mansi. I can trick not only others, but even my own heart." Mae has no clue what he meant but waved goodbye to him.