Chapter 15: The last night

Chaelee POV

The week flies past and before you know it it's already out last day. This trip was honestly some of the most fun I've ever had in my life, I've bonded with so many people of never imagine I'd bond with and made so many new friends. I love Evelyn and Katya so much and they've now become close with Felix, Somi and I. Even Alex and Sam have become close with all of us. To be honest never had so many friends in my life, it's always been just me and Somi. While Somi was the social butterfly making friends with our other classmates I've always just stuck to her and her only, to afraid to speak to others. 

I'm busy sitting at the table at dinner with the usual people when Ryley gets our attention. 

 "Hi! Hello! Ok so basically since its your last night we have a special surprise for you all! If you remember on the packing list there was the requirement of a..... Not as appropriate swimsuit. This is because the lodge actually has hot springs!" Everyone gasps.

 " Now usually you're supposed to swim in these undressed but for obvious reasons you guys cannot, hence why we asked for you to bring said swimsuits so you can experience it to the max possible. Now don't think this was an open invitation to wearing sometime COMPLETELY inappropriate, if we think your swimsuit is not acceptable you will be sent back to the dorms. "

 She ends off with " Please after dinner go change into your swimsuits and for now please wear something over them. No one needs to be flashed yet. Ok meet me outside this hall 10mins after dinner? See you lot just now!" 

 the entire table is now buzzing, everyone excitedly chatting about this final event. 

 "Omg guys please mentally prepare yourself for Chaes godly proportions, you might pass out" Somi states proudly 

I blush, "YAH SOMI THAT'S NOT TRUE HAVE YOU LOOKED IN THE MIRROR?" I playfully hit her arm

 "Ok let's be honest here we all go to elite schools I'm pretty sure it's one of our jobs to look good" Evelyn laughs, everyone joins except Somi and I.

 "What? What do you mean?" I ask confused

 " Dont you know that's one of our evaluations? " Katya says frowning

 "I'm still not quite understanding what you mean?" Somi adds mirroring my confusion

 " That's how the school chooses their students: talent, athletic ability,  academics and visual appearance. They always make sure their students look good so that the school is well represented, that's how most elite schools work. " Sam explains

Somi and I sit there with our mouths agape, we never knew this information and explain that to the others. Everyone laughs at our shock.

As confusing and unfair it is, a little part of me is happy that they thought I was pretty enough to join their school. Also this definitely explains why everyone in the school is weirdly extremely attractive. 

~time skip to after dinner~

I step out the dorm with the girls knowing full well how much skin is showing underneath my hoodie and shorts. I'll be honest I'm not the most self loving person. I wish I had figure more like Somi's, all tall and slender with the perfect golden ratio and an hourglass figure. Instead I'm stuck with whatever my body is right now. I try stay optimistic as I'm walking toward the group "it's ok it's dark no one will see, and you'll be in the water" I try convince myself. I wave at the guys as we join them, trying to get rid of all my intrusive thoughts, I won't worry about what other people think anyways..... Right?

(A/N: PLEASE NOTE, no body is the "perfect" body shape!!! This story is also one of change and how Chaelee learns to love herself, so thoughts like this will occur in the story but that does not make them right! No matter how much you may dislike yourself and think you don't meet the "standard" always remember that these ideas on what is perfect is forever changing within society. One minute a certain body type is hot but in 5 years the trend could be something completely different. You cannot compare yourself to unrealistic standards that are ever changing. I personally think every single one of you is beautiful the way you are<3)