𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏 7

❛...Follow me...follow me.❜

Short chapter.

It didn't feel like his goodnight paid off, she still felt awake. Lucid dreaming is scientifically explained as your consciousness slipping into your dreams, causing a surreal experience. It all started as eerie whispers that bounced around the black void, but it progressively raised the volume from whispers to murmurs, murmurs to mumbles, and so on. To the point where it was bone-chilling screams and cries, desperately demanding to follow.

Yet who was 'me'? Follow me, follow me, follow me, a repetitive chant announced thoroughly. She couldn't gasp her head around it even while her feet moved against the black water surfacing the void, even when she kept her eyes wide and attempted to source the whispers.

That's when she saw it. When the once whispers turned to screams, her eyes slightly narrowed on a small pebble of light. It almost felt like a surge of relief cast around the void as her feet paddled against the rising water, now up to her ankles. She doesn't have much time, she has had a lucid dream like this plenty of times before.

When the water rises, a traumatic visual or memory is displayed through flashes and blinks, she can only shut her eyes as cries of agony erupt and echo. She has never experienced one like this before, one of begs and pleas to follow, desperate for her to source the troubles.

So she trudged through the rapidly rising waters, wetting and soaking her skin as she ran and ran, never-ending even when surges of cries from other areas of the void erupted. Her breath was shaky, she was trembling ever so slightly as the light neared her more, illuminating her soaking and divine face and the hair that lined it.

What does it mean? What does it mean to see warm lighting and the reflection gleaming against the black water? Her eyes glared into the scene in front of her, why must she follow? Why must she go there?

Why is it that when she reached her destination, panting and soaked, she is found staring at her childhood home? Her childhood home that the whispers and pleas led her to, why should she follow?

She was left dumbfounded, even when her body shot forward and she awoke from the nightmare. Her fingers trembled and her heart raced, sweat trickling down her forehead causing the area to become hot. She felt uncomfortable in her own body, her hands shot forward and onto her hair, clutching it harshly with rapid breaths. Why does she follow? What does it mean? What even just happened?

The time read 3 AM, and she couldn't help but quickly open the window to let fresh air in. It nearly felt calming, the way the cold atmosphere surged in and coated her face. Her breaths were slowly calming, but regardless, she stepped from the window and up onto the roof panels. It was breezy, enough to maneuver through her locks and deliver a surge of relief.

It needs to stop happening, she knows that someday it'll end. At this point, she is also aware that it's not normal to be used to it. But though she suffers from nightmares and odd interactions, she continues as if they didn't occur.

He couldn't sleep, his window slightly opened to let the cold breeze in. Normally he is fast asleep at 8, but after what happened at the USJ and with [name], he can't. The only explanation for his state is that he can't. It also doesn't help with the multiple texts coming in from the class 1A group chat, which makes his phone ding so often that his annoyance got the best of him and he ended up switching it to Do not Disturb.

He groans, flopping around angrily in his bed and aggressively shutting his eyes. Why the fuck didn't she recognize him? What happened today...why is she so strong? It enrages him, he can't get ahold of the answers and he so desperately needs them.

He was so stuck in thought, but he sensed the interruption and noise from outside. Bakugo Katsuki's ears perked up, attempting to locate where the noise came from only to be met by silence. It was he that grew tensed, slowly and quietly flopping toward the window once again and looking through it. The noise happened to be the sound of landing, two feet plopping down nearly quietly but he only picked up on it because the jump must have come from afar.