Chapter 2

He likes me? I don’t believe it! My eyes went wide. I don’t know how to act or what to say. I really can’t believe what I just heard. My hands were shivering.

“I’ve liked you ever since you came into the Hidden Leaf Village,” he said. “I’ve loved your red long hair, you have beautiful blue eyes, you’re just so cute. I don’t get why all of our classmates hated you and kept thinking that you’re not one of us. I never cared about those other girls or anyone, you’re all I ever wanted,” he added. My heart started to raise again, I really wanna say my feelings to him too but I just don’t know how, I’m too nervous to say anything. I don’t know how to act. I feel like a complete idiot right now. I went silent, I clenched my fists. I felt afraid. Why didn’t he tell me this before? I felt mad and happy at the same time. I hate him for not telling me this before but I love him. My mind’s going crazy!

“YOU IDIOT!!! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE!!! I HATE YOU-TTEBANE!!!” I yelled as I punch his face. I quickly covered my mouth, why did those words suddenly came out? And why did I punch him? Those weren’t even the words I wanted to say. I looked at him and saw his startled face. “Oh… I never thought you felt that way… uh… this is um… I’m really sorry to have disturbed you… hehe… I guess I better go…” he said as he rubs his cheek then make a fake smile. I could see pain in his eyes, not because I punched him but because I hurt his feelings. I don’t know what to say, “Wait a second… I…” “Nah, don’t worry about it, I completely understand. I respect your reaction,” he smiled before walking away. I wanted to follow him and hug him then apologize but I was too late. He disappeared. I felt like a complete jerk.

After that incident, I went to my best friend, Mikoto for a little advice. I told her everything. “That was harsh, Kushina,” she said, “I didn’t mean it! Those words just came out of my mouth and I didn’t mean to punch him like that dattebane,” I said as I wiped the tears off my eyes. “I guess just apologize and confess your feelings to him, he’ll forgive you, I just know it,” she said as she smiled. I looked down, “But what if he…” “He won’t do anything, Minato is a very kind person, he’ll forgive you. That’s one of the reasons why girls like him, you’re lucky you have his heart,” she added. “Just do it, everything will be fine,” she said as she giggled. I just blushed then sighed, “Alright…”

When I got home later, I immediately went straight to my bedroom, I locked the door then laid on my bed. I felt my heart ache after remembering what happened earlier, I felt tears stream down my face. I guess I really do love him, I never wanted to hurt him, I’m full of regrets right now, I don’t really know what to do. I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up too early the next morning, I quickly got up and took my shower. I guess I’ll do what Mikoto said even though I feel a bit afraid. I wore my usual clothes then went to the kitchen. I ate instant ramen for breakfast, I stared at the fishcake for a second then smiled, it makes me feel happy, I really don’t know why. I thought of what I’m going to say to Minato when I see him today, I just sighed then finished my breakfast.

We are going to have another meeting at the academy so I went there, I’m wondering if Minato is here already. I’m really hoping to get him alone so I could talk to him privately but I am hoping to bump into Mikoto first because wanted to talk to her again. I slowly opened the door to see if anyone is here already, I looked at the end of the room to find Minato, staring out the window. I turned scarlet again.

END OF CHAPTER 2