chapter 3

trevor had finally sent reese two tickets for the game tonight. it had been two days since he dmed her and she was starting to think he forgot about her. this morning, she woke up to a text from trevor, asking if she was free tonight to watch them play. lucky enough for trevor, reese had no plans. almost instantly, he messaged her the two tickets that were right by the glass. all reese needed to do was figure out which friend was going to come with her.

reese had asked austin if he was free, but he was busy filming for one of his disney+ projects. this left reese to ask either colten or willow. colten didn't really understand hockey or really care for it. he would probably be bored and wouldn't enjoy it as much as willow. willow wasn't a hockey expert either, but she knew the rules and could name a couple players in the nhl. with that being said, she decided to ask willow and figured she would at least appreciate looking at cute guys. hopefully, colten wouldn't be offended that he wasn't invited.

almost immediately after texting willow about going to a hockey game, reese saw that willow was calling her. she picked up the phone and before she could utter a word, willow was already talking. "did trevor zegras really dm you?" willow asked her best friend. willow must have seen the comment. reese was shocked that willow even knew who that was.

"yes, he did and he gave me two free tickets. so are you wanting to come with me or not?" reese said in amusement.

willow shouted, "of course i want to come! i love free things! and that trevor zegras guy is easy on the eyes!" reese giggled at the girl on the other end of the phone. willow continued, "speaking of mr. zegras, why did he dm you anyways? does he think you're hot or something?"

"supposedly, trevor dmed me on behalf of one of his friends. he told me he wasn't interested in me but knew someone who may be. he wants me to meet one of his teammates i presume. oh, and he asked if i was dating austin," reese explained.

willow squealed, "now i need to check the roster! i wonder if this guy is cute or not! i cannot wait for tonight!"

"calm down over there, willow," reese laughed. she could practically feel the excitement and curiosity radiating off of willow through the phone.

"how am i supposed to calm down when my best friend might be getting set up with a hockey player!" she exclaimed.

"who said i was getting set up with a hockey player? trevor just wants me to meet one of his friends. that's all he said," reese said.

willow inquired, "in what world does a guy's friend just want you to meet someone? he's trying to set the two of you up. who knows, maybe it will work out."

reese was starting to scroll through the anaheim ducks roster as she sighed, "you're probably right. i will say a couple of these guys are in age range and pretty cute!"

"i told you!" willow stated.

reese rolled her eyes and joked, "yeah, yeah. we know you're always right, willow."

she then told willow she would pick her up for the game and hung up the call. in the meantime, she needed to get ready for this game. it had been a while since reese went to a hockey game because of her acting schedule. she was excited to finally be able to catch a game again but was also growing nervous about tonight. reese had no idea what she was going to wear and was still trying to determine if she wanted to impress the mystery guy or not.

reese took a deep breath and whispered, "okay reese, you got this. just have fun with willow."