chapter 4

reesewood's instagram story

reese and willow had made it to the game just in time for warmups

reese and willow had made it to the game just in time for warmups. they were able to get through security pretty easily and were able to find their seats with no issues. within moments of being there, a few kids who had seen the two actresses in the zombies franchise had asked them for pictures. being the polite and kind people they are, they couldn't say no to the children. the two of them smiled for photos and returned to watching the ducks skating on the ice.

"am i blind or do i not see trevor on the ice? he's number eleven, right?" willow asked her best friend.

reese's eyes scanned the ice, "yeah, that's his number. maybe he's not out there yet?" willow shrugged. reese thought this was odd considering it looked like the rest of the team was out on the ice.

they continued to watch the team warm up when someone started banging on the glass. this caught both girls' attention. they looked up to see trevor smiling like a goofball and giving them a little wave. he then motioned for them to come up to the glass since they were a couple rows up.

"you like your seats?" trevor smirked.

before reese had the chance to respond, willow said, "yes we do! now who is this guy you're wanting reese to meet?" reese nudged willow to get her to knock it off.

trevor laughed, "wow, you're really straightforward! i don't believe we've met, but i'm—"

"i know who you are. i'm willow. now, can you please answer my question?" willow crossed her arms. reese stood there not knowing what to do. she was as pale as a ghost. this is not how she thought the night was going to be going.

"you see, willow, it wouldn't be fun if i just told you who it was. you'll see after the game if you don't figure it out before then. but now, i gotta go warm up, so i'll see you guys after the game outside the locker room," he skated off, leaving reese dumbfounded.

"what just happened?" reese asked willow.

willow replied, "that was me trying to find out who this mystery guy is for you."

they sat back down in their seats. while they were sitting there, a lightbulb went off in reese's head. she turned to willow and stated, "wait, trevor said we would find out who it was at the end of the game if we didn't already solve it by then. so that means we could probably figure it out now."

willow, who was on her phone, looked back up at the ice to see trevor talking to two guys. "you don't think it could be either one of those guys, do you?" willow pointed to the two brunettes next to trevor. one of them was on the ice prior to trevor but the one with curlier hair was not. reese and willow would have remembered that hair.

reese shrugged and said, "it's definitely possible. what are their names?"

it was almost as if the three of them knew the girls were talking about them because now they were all staring at them. one in particular couldn't keep his eyes off of reese. his face turned a shade of red when he noticed reese was looking at him. that must be the guy. the other one, the one with the curly hair, didn't seem as interested and was laughing with trevor at the guy's red face.

reese started shaking willow, "willow! who is number six?"

willow quickly pulled up the roster and replied, "it appears that number six is jamie drysdale."

"what do you know about him?" reese asked.

willow started googling him and reported back, "he's a defenseman from canada and was drafted in 2020. he's 5'11—" then her face twisted into a look of amusement.

"what! what's so funny?" reese looked panicked.

willow started laughing, "dude, jamie is trevor's roomate!"