chapter 6

"you don't talk much do you?" reese asked jamie as they were sitting down on the couch. she had been there for nearly an hour and jamie still had no idea what to say to her. jamie was still in shock and pure awestruck that he was even her presence.

jamie shrugged, "not really unless i'm spoken to. it drives trevor insane."

"well, he did say the guy he wanted me to meet was shy, so i guess i shouldn't be surprised," reese laughed. jamie covered his face as it started to turn a shade a red.

"what else did trevor say?" jamie asked, completely and utterly embarrassed. he was well aware he wasn't the best at talking to girls, but trevor didn't have to tell the whole world about it.

reese deadpanned, "that you're potentially a murderer." jamie's face was in pure horror. he started to freak out and was giving trevor a death glare from across the room. reese then touched jamie's arm to get his attention. "i'm joking! he just said you would probably kill him if you found out he was talking to me about you," reese added.

"that makes way more sense and sounds like trevor," jamie replied.

it was as if trevor heard them talking about him because he randomly plopped down on the couch. mason and willow were still standing with drinks in their hands. mason was filling willow in on jamie since she had loads of questions. she had always been protective over reese and wanted to know as much information as possible about the defenseman.

"what are you guys talking about?" trevor asked jamie and reese.

reese answered, "you, oddly enough."

"that's a great topic, but i don't think that helps either one of you get to know each other," trevor quirked an eyebrow at jamie while taking a sip of his drink.

jamie rolled his eyes, "well, she was just telling me how you told her i couldn't talk to girls. thanks for that by the way."

trevor put his hands up in defense, "hey! don't blame me! she asked why you couldn't do it yourself!"

"i did do that," reese confirmed. jamie was starting to feel defeated. the blonde girl noticed this and continued, "but, honestly, i think it's kinda cute. i prefer it over trevor who has no filter and says whatever he wants."

trevor made a fake hurt expression and said, "i'm feeling really attacked right now, so i'm going to rejoin mason and willow since they accept me for who i am." trevor leapt up from the couch and stomped away.

reese pointed at trevor and asked, "is he always that dramatic?"

"yeah, pretty much," jamie nodded.

"i'm starting to understand why you're so quiet with his huge personality. he probably just talks your ear off," reese joked.

jamie smiled, "as much as he can be a real pain in the ass, he's a great friend and roommate. i wouldn't have it any other way."

reese felt like her heart melted. she could tell jamie was a very caring guy. he seemed like a great guy to be around. reese was going to make it her mission to get this guy to open up. she just knew he had so much to say, but just never knew when was a good time to express himself.

"you know what jamie?" reese randomly said.

jamie gave her a confused look, "what's up?"

she smiled and stated, "i can just tell we're going to be great friends."