chapter 9

reese was minding her business when an incoming facetime call popped up on her phone. she looked confused as she read the contact name. why on earth would he be calling her? they hadn't talked in a couple of days.

"yes, trevor?" reese asked once she accepted the call.

trevor smiled, "reese! just the woman i was wanting to speak to!" reese laughed, not quite sure what was going on.

"and why would you be wanting to speak to me?" reese questioned.

"i have a proposition," trevor stated. this sparked reese's interest as she shifted on her bed to rest her back on her headboard.

she quirked her eyebrow at the boy, "okay, what is this proposition?"

trevor smirked, "how do you feeling about surprising jamie again? this time i'll tell him to meet me up somewhere but you show up instead."

"are you trying to set me up on a date with jamie?" reese inquired. she had no issues hanging out with jamie, she just thought it's a little too soon to go on a date. reese doesn't even have jamie's number.

trevor shouted, "oh, lord no! i don't think jamie could handle that just yet. i mean like you guys just hang out and get to know each other more."

reese looked at trevor dumfounded. "you literally just described a date, trevor?" she told the boy.

suddenly, trevor got really close to the camera. almost too close for reese's liking. she didn't know if she should laugh or be concerned. "i'm going to let you in on a little secret," trevor whispered.

"why are you whispering?" reese asked. this guy was a character. she never knew what was going to happen with him.

"because it's a secret. you always whisper a secret," he answered in a 'duh' tone, as if reese was being the dumb and slow one in this situation. reese rolled her eyes at trevor. he continued, "jamie isn't great with girls, so if it looks even relatively close to being a date, he will actually flip out. like i mean he might just leave, he would get so nervous."

"that's actually so cute," reese's heart swelled. it had been a long time since she met a guy that was like jamie. most guys were overly confident and wanted to talk to her for all the wrong reasons. this was why colten and austin were so protective over her. they knew what guys were like.

"so will you do it?" trevor questioned, backing away from the camera so he could see reese's face again.

reese thought about it and didn't see any issues with it. she did make it her mission to break down some of jamie's walls. maybe, she could help him open up. she really wanted to get to know him better. reese was intrigued by jamie.

"yeah, i do have one quick question," reese responded.

trevor eyes lit up by her answer, "okay, shoot."

"where are me and jamie going?"

trevor looked up at what reese assumed was the ceiling. he had not thought the far into the plan. he was just hoping she would say yes. that alone was a win for him. "uhh, you know what, you can pick that out. that way it's a place that you like at the very least," trevor suggested.

nothing was coming to reese's mind at the moment, so she said, "is it okay if i get back to on that? i think i need to phone a friend."

trevor smiled, "that is perfectly fine. just let me know what you decide on and i can tell you when this not date is happening. thanks for agreeing to it!" she laughed at the not date part.

"of course! it's always a pleasure speaking to you, trevor," she grinned back. they said their goodbyes and the call shortly ended after that. now she needed to ask her friends for their opinions.