Chapter Two

Carbs drove to get Gage to go to the airport the next morning. She had 3 suitcases with her. She pulled up to Gage's house and honked her horn.

"Get in loser, we're going to Arizona!" Carbs yelled out.

"Carbs it's 4 am." Gage said, tired, coming out in their ghost pajamas.

"And? The flight leaves at 5 pm, no time to spare, hop in!" Carbs smiled.

Gage sighed and got in the car, they buckled up their babyseat and handed Carbs their suitcase. They drove to the airport and rushed to get to security.

"Alright! Identification please. OH GOD- Carbs. Hello. Uh- ma'am." Peter's brother said with a fearful look on his face.

"Hey Arthur! Me and Gagey are just gonna go to the next bit of security now, mkay?" Carbs smiled while pointing to her headknife.

"Of course ma'am! Sorry ma'am."

"Carbs you have GOT to stop threatening people, why couldn't you have just shown your passport?" Gage inquired.

Carbs sighed. "BECAUSE, Gagey, I left my passport in Korea! Stupid nerd." Carbs ruffled Gage's bald head and linked arms with them. "Ooo metal detectors how fun!"

Carbs stepped into the metal detector and it immediately went off, the Kiwi Mafia attacked her for having metal.

"Chill out losers. 1. I am literally a mafia boss, 2. It's just my headknife." Carbs rolled her noneyes and kept walking.

"Excuse me ma'am, we need to check your suitcases." The security officer said, taking the suitcases from Carbs and the one she forced Gage to carry.

"Clear. Clear. IS THIS SUITCASE FILLED WITH BLUEBERRY PIE?" The officer looked at Carbs, extremely confused.

"Carbs when we had that party and I brought blueberry pie, you didn't eat any and said that you hate pie." Gage brought up, confused.

"Well I didn't bring it to eat, I was gonna throw it at the baboons at the zoo." Carbs scoffed. "And why CAN'T I bring pie on the plane? It's not gonna cause an emergency."

"We can't take those chances! What if you pie the pilot in the face mid flight? Too risky."

Carbs and Drugs the security officer continued arguing for another 11 hours. An announcement came over the surround system.

"Last boarding call for flight 69G from Christchurch to Buckeye, AZ now! Please board. Please. Literally just board your flight."

"Shit, keep the pie, Drugs, we got a plane to catch. Carbs no more arguing with people." Gage and Carbs ran to their gate and boarded just in time.

"First class? Dang Carbs." Gage said, walking onto the plane.

"Yeah, Dad's got loads of money so he spares no expense. Plus the rooms are more... private." Carbs giggled and stared at Gage, who was terrified.

"That's.. terrific." Gage whispered under their breath.

They got into their private room and sat down, Carbs dug through her suitcase and found the last blueberry pie.

"Hooray! Good thing I brought good old Linda!" Carbs exclaimed, hugging her blueberry pie.

"...you named your pie Linda?" Gage asked.

"Hey look! You can see the barn from here!"

"Oh yeah, look that black and white dot must be Prancer." Gage added.

The plane took off and Gage noticed Carbs was shaking a bit.

"You okay Carbsy? Gage asked.

"It's fine, I'm just scared of take off and landing, I'll be oka-"

Carbs stopped speaking when Gage squeezed her hand. They smiled at her and she blushed like crazy.

About an hour into the flight, Carbs started to doze off. She finally did and her head flopped onto Gage's shoulder, stabbing them violently. Gage smiled through the pain because Carbs is adorable. They eventually fell asleep too and a totally random flight attendant walked in.

"Would you like any snacks? I- awwwww" Zari the flight attendant smiled and took a photo. "I'll sell this to Mysie to sell to Carbs."

Around 8 hours later, both Carbs and Gage woke up, but they both thought the other was still asleep and continued cuddling for an extra half hour, finally, Gage looked down at Carbs and noticed she was on her phone, not sleeping.

"Good morning." Gage smiled as Carbs looked up at them. "Did you stab- I mean sleep well? Unrelated I may or may not have to go to the hospital when we land."

"Nah it's fine, my stabs don't hurt much. And yeah I slept good." Carbs leaned in closer to Gage and closed her sight. "Thanks for coming with me, it's almost as if we were a real couple, don't ya think?"

"Uh- sure." Gage laughed and kissed the top of Carbs's head. "But let's not tell the rest of the chaos group that."

"Attention passengers! We are now about to land in Buckeye, Arizona! Please fasten your seatbelts and bathrooms will be locked at this time. If you're already in one, good luck with the landing!" The pilot announced.

"EUREKA!" Carbs shouted as she tensed up and grabbed Gage's hand. Gage laughed and held her hand the whole landing.

When they landed, they went to go find Carbs' parents. They heard a shout behind them.

"CARBOHYDRATES! There you are kiddo!" Frank Cocoa said, running up to his daughter.

"Hey dad, I told you, I don't like that name anymore, it's just Carbs." Carbs said awkwardly.

"Nonsense! That's what your mother and I named you, that's what we'll call you." Her dad then looked at Gage.

"And you must be the brit that Carbs speaks so highly of. Page? Mage?"

"It's Gage, sir." Gage smiled and held out their hand.

"And you're my daughter's boyfriend?" He asked, creating awkward tension.

"Uh- no- I use they/them pronouns, sir." Gage smiled, not knowing that Frank was transphobic.

"Well which one do you.. 'have'?" Frank asked.

"Both, sir." Gage frowned.

"What."

"Uhhh, dad! Let's go to my favorite sushi restaurant to welcome Gage to Arizona!" Carbs said while laughing, trying to break the awkwardness.

"To El Tataki we go!" Frank said, leading the two to the car.

Gage and Carbs sat in the back of Mr Cocoa's car, which had no babyseats btw, and sat there awkwardly. Gage finally brought up the courage to ask Carbs about her dad.

"Hey, Carbs, you didn't tell me your dad was-"

"Transphobic? Homophobic? A total asshole? Yeah I may have left out a few details about home when I talked about it back in Christchurch." Carbs whispered.

"Well you can always talk to me, I'm here for you this week." Gage smiled.

"Thanks."