Chapter 5

*Thoughts*
"Speaking"

Gregorys p.o.v:

I woke up to the smell of pancakes being made from the kitchen. And quickly sat up from the couch grabbing my blanket and wrapping it around me. I walked to the kitchen and saw Helpy helping Michael make some pancakes.

I sat down on the chair and placed my head down on the table and watched them cook through my tired eyes.

*This is nice having someone care for me and not hurt me for once* I smiled at the thought.

Michael turned around with a plate of pancakes and set them in front of me. "Good morning! Did you sleep well?" He asked while smiling at me.

I nodded my head "Yeah I did" then we started to eat our pancakes. While Helpy was looking at the newspaper with... reading glasses? When did he get those?

Once I was done eating I asked him "Hey where's the bathroom? I need to shower and stuff..."

"Oh that reminds me I got some clothes for you! Hold on" he said while walking away. Then he came back with a toothbrush and the clothes he bought me and showed me them. It was a white shirt with blue overalls. Not so bad but I like my outfit better.

"Thanks! I'll go get ready now!" I walked to the bathroom took my shower and got ready for the day.

Once I was finished getting ready we all got into Michael's blur car and started to drive off to his uncle's. After a while we pulled up to a yellow and white house and got out. It was at least a 10 minute drive so not so long plus the radio was playing some good music so I ain't complaining.

I grabbed Helpy that was sitting in the middle of us and put him on my shoulder then we started walking up to the front door. I started to fidget with my hands. I'm a little nervous to meet his uncle.

Michael put a hand on my shoulder "He'll like you kid I promise" he said while smiling. Does he ever stop smiling? He's starting to remind me of Freddy...

Michael knocked on the door and we had to wait a while until the door was opened. But once it did I hid right behind Michael quickly while clutching onto the back of his shirt.

"Hey Uncle Henry!" Michael said happily.

"Michael, it's good to see you!" a loud happy voice said to Michael while pulling him into a hug. When the man did that I got a good look at his face. He had short blond hair and a blond beard with glasses. He had his eyes closed while hugging but right when he was going to pull away. Blue eyes look at me with surprise and confusion.

"Um Michael, whose child is that?" The man or I should say Uncle Henry. I gotta get used to calling him that.

They pulled away from each other and Michael pulled me in front of him and said "Uncle Henry this is my son Gregory"

Henry looked at us in shock and disbelief "Michael when did you have a kid!?" He said, sounding hysterical.

*Jeez does Michael get no bitches that his uncle is that surprised that he has a kid?* I giggled at the thought.

Michael nervously chuckled "It's a long story uncle I barely just got him yesterday"

Henry opened the door wider and made a gesture with his hand "Come in tell me all about it..."

We walked in the house then we all sat in the living room. Henry turned to me and asked, "So how old are you Gregory?"

"I'm ten..." I replied to him. I saw him do some thinking and his eyes widened and quickly looked towards Michael.

"Michael you were fifteen when you... Michael I-I gave you the talk" he said in a disapproving tone.

"I was in a bad place, Uncle Henry. I went to a party and met this girl and then we... you know but I didn't know until yesterday! I had to go drive and pick him up" Michael explained to him.

"Why only yesterday?" Henry asked in a concerned tone.

Apparently Michael didn't think he was gonna ask that question so I had to step in and help. "My mom hung herself," I said quickly.

Both Henry's and Michael's eyes widened and looked at me with pity. "I'm so sorry for your loss..." Henry said with sadness.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yeah stuff happens...guess you can say she was at the end of her rope with me" I said with a proud grin at my joke and started laughing.

Once I stopped laughing I looked up to see Henry and Michael both looking at me with horrified expressions. "What too soon?" I said to them,

"You shouldn't be joking about your mother death like that" Michael scolded me,

"With how she treated me, I'm glad!" I said, sounding a little angry I started to think of my foster mother.

Michael wrapped his arm around my shoulder and asked, "What did she do to you Gregory?"

I started to think back on all of the memories of how I was treated by her and her husband. My body started to shake and my eyes started to burn with tears. "I-I don't want to talk about it..." I said in a croaky voice while putting my head down.

Michael pulled me into a hug and for some reason all the emotions that I kept in just spilled all out. I held onto him while I sobbed into his chest.

Henry's p.o.v:

After Michael asked his question his son started to shake and then put his head down to try and hide his tears. I watched as Michael quickly pulled his son in for a hug. Michael patted his head to try and calm him. Michael looked at me with his eyes that were now starting to get teary.

I know how he must feel. It's never a good feeling to see your own child cry. After a while Gregory calmed down he asked where the bathroom was and quickly walked towards it.

"Was she reported for any kind of abuse towards him, Michael?" I asked

"They didn't say anything to me about it" he sighed in disappointment

I put a hand on his shoulder "I'm so sorry Michael I know you never wanted to have your children go up with any kind abuse like you have"

"Yeah..." he said, not knowing what else to say.

"Michael now that you have a child will your job even be enough for you both?" I asked with concern

"That's actually also what I came over to say is that do you have any job openings at your establishment?" He asked me

I thought for a while "Well the day shift could use an extra person on hand" I smiled at him

He gave me such a wide and happy smile then hugged me. "Oh thank you so much Uncle Henry!"

I patted his back "Of course I'll always help my nephew in times of need! We can go there today and get you all set up!...by the way you should probably go check up on your son to see if he's doing okay."

"Right, I'll be back" He let go of me and quickly walked to where Gregory was.

Even though Michael has only had him for awhile he's already good father. I looked up towards my ceiling, "Lord please keep them safe in this town...their gonna need it."