Unwanted- Eddie Munson

Warning! Mentions of: suicide, self harm, substance abuse, and domestic violence. If you are triggered by any of these subjects, do not read any further!

You're a senior in highschool, though you expected you'd have to stay behind a year because you're grades were awful. You didn't care though, you just felt numb... all the time. No one understood your anxiety or depression and no one cared. Not even your father. To him it was like you didn't exist. He barely ever talked to you except for when he would criticize your every move, like all you did was annoy him. Whenever you wanted to feel something, you would take a razor to your wrist or you thighs. It never lasted, but the scars did. You just wanted it to end, for all of it to end.

It was right after school and you were sitting in a small clearing in the woods on an old wooden bench. Your dad was supposed to pick you up but he must've forgot because you waited and he never showed. You didn't care much though, in fact, you kind of liked it when he forgot. That way, you wouldn't have to ride the bus with the other kids or ride with your dad who would probably just yell at you.

You heard something rustling in the distance and looked to see a boy headed your way. It was Eddie Munson, the town freak and leader of the Hellfire Club. You never talked to him but you always admired how he stood up for himself and his friends from bullies. Eddie nearly tripped over a twig as he was walking but he managed to catch himself. When he looked up, he finally noticed you and was surprised.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't think anyone else knew about this place.", he chuckled awkwardly. "It's Y/n, right?", he asked, rubbing the back of his head shyly.

"Yeah. Uhm, I'll just, uh, leave.", you stuttered as you packed your things. Eddie stepped closer, "Oh, no, no. You don't have to leave if you don't want to. After all, you were here first." He chuckled. "Uhm, I don't know if you're into this kinda thing, but... i was just gonna smoke a little weed. Do you, uh, wanna smoke with me?", he asked kindly, sounding a little nervous.

You thought about it for a moment. It would be better than going home. Besides, maybe it'll make you feel something. Although, you knew if you didn't get home soon your dad would hit you again, so you decided against it.

"No, I gotta get home soon. Thanks, though.", you gathered you're things, giving him a small but grateful smile, before leaving.

However, it was getting dark when you finally got home and as soon as you walked through that door, you knew you were in for it. There were empty beer bottles laying around the couch and the TV was smashed. It wasn't like that when you left this morning.

"Dad? I'm home.", you announced your arrival timidly, hoping your father had drunk himself to sleep. But your hope was soon crushed when you heard shuffling down the hall and the sound of his footsteps thumping closer.

"Y/N! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!", he yelled across the room and stumbled into view. Your entire body flinched and you cowered in the corner as he sped towards you with fury in his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, dad. I was just walking around for a bit. I'm sorry.", you apologized repeatedly, you're voice shaking. It felt like you're throat was closing in on you.

"EXCUSES! That's all you ever have!", he slapped you hard across the face, leaving a red handprint on your cheek that stung like a bee sting. "That's all you are!! A useless excuse for a daughter!! When will you learn to behave?! HUH?!", he continued shouting insult after insult.

His fist found its way to your jaw and you fell to the ground in the corner. But he didn't stop there. When did he ever? He kicked you in the stomach and twice in your back with his boot before picking you back up by your shirt so he could yell in your face.