ᖫ4ᖭ

A week has passed as graduation rolls around. I see Ian and Erin sitting at some table to I walk over.

"Isn't it ironic how my last name is the same as the school's? " Ian asks me as I smile a little.

"McKinley" I say with a small nod as Erin's head shoots up.

"Wouldn't you love to have that last name" she says as more of a statement than a question.

I blush and look away. She has been in a very teasing mood after Ian and I have gotten together this past week.

"Very funny Erin" Ian says as he takes my year book to which I have ever been holding.

He signs it and give it back to me.

"To my favorite bitch who happens to now be my lover, you are going to do great things in life. I should know. Your moving in with me -Ian"

Oh yea. He lives by himself so he wants me to move in.

The joy.

I didn't notice that Erin was hovering over my shoulder until I hear her snicker.

"Damn Ian. You should become a writer" she says as my face flushes a deep red.

"Erin! " I shout as I see Wendy walk by.

Ashley and Ashlyn walk up to her as Ian and I share a look.

Moments later double A, as Ian likes to call them, walk over saying they are super nice people.

Which is a lie. They just want attention sometimes. Maybe they do mean well. But popular brats usually don't.

"Don't you work at that tanning salon? " Erin asks as I groan.

"Shit yea. I got a shift tonight. It'll probably be after their usual time. I don't usually see them" I say.

It was an easy job to apply for to get me started on making income.

"Well I gotta take you home now Pip" Ian says to me as he stands up.

For some reason he wants our nicknames to be Pip and Zip. Me being Pip. He drops me off at home, which I still live at for a day or so since I'm in the middle of packing.

Time passes and I head to my job.

The owner is outside as he just gets off the phone. I glance through the salon window as I see Death standing inside.

She waves as my eyes shoot open.

"Shit! " I yell as Yuri suddenly is in panic mode.

I see there is a bottle of tanning lotion wedged under the door as I try to open in.

Within seconds I manage to get the door open.

"You're insane. Everything is fine-" Yuri goes to say as we see flames shoot out from under a door.

"Holy fuck! " I yell as I dial 911.

The fire department arrives and puts out the fire.

They wheel out Ashley and Ashlyn's burned bodies.

I can tell they are dead. That I was late.

Death had taken their lives.

Ian's van pulls up as he gets out and walks over to me.

"What the hell happened? " he asks as I point to the girls being wheeled onto ambulances.

"Shit... " he mumbles as he pulls me into a hug.

"I saw flames through the window... I... I um" no I can't tell him about me and seeing Death.

"It's fine baby. Let's get you home. Your obviously scared" Ian says as we head to his van.

Tomorrow there is going to be another funeral. I have to stop this. I don't know how. But I will.