Chapter 02 - Demon King In Action

Sanada's POV

"Then it appears we're in a deadlock." I uninterestedly responded.

"I'm sorry to hear that you're unsatisfied with the way Neutscheland Company set their prices. If you'd like, you can look for another trading firm." The fat geezer replied, not even trying to hide his sarcasm.

"I see... We're going, Elk." I stated, ending the conversation entirely.

"O-oi, wait a minute..! Where the hell are you going?!" To which Elk answered but still hesitantly followed in pursuit.

"Elk-kun. If you do perhaps locate another company here in Dormundt that is willing to do business with you, please let me know. It's because we have to follow protocol and report them if they don't have a business permit, bwuhihihihihi! " The tub added, while laughing haughtily.

------------------

(A/N) Tub - A derogatory name for someone who is fat and short.

And don't question me with the way I wrote that laugh. That's how I interpreted it when I heard that fucker's weird ass laugh WHAHAHAHAHAH

------------------

"I said wait a minute! Didn't I remind you that this is the only trading company in this town!? This is the only place we CAN do business!" Elk angrily reprimanded.

"But I refuse. I like the idea of swindling others, but I also hate being on the short-end of the stick." I countered his words.

"Your words are meaningless if you can't back it up!" Elk continued the argument.

"Ha? What kind of nonsense are you spouting on about for the last few seconds?" He seemed taken aback by my words but seemed interested about what I had to say nonetheless.

"Listen here, a deal is a tool you utilise in order to get what you want. Doing deals that don't give you any benefit whatsoever is what a foolish man would do. Do you, the treasurer of Elm village, think you can profit off of his prices?" I added, shutting off any further arguments and giving him a reality check.

"Don't take me for a fool, even I understand that we won't get by winter with those unfair rates... But what choice do we have?!" He retorted begrudgingly.

"I'd rather die than to live a life where I become people's lackey. He wasn't even being subtle about looking down on you, so no way in hell should you accept such a trade." I rebutted.

"Don't tell me... You were angry on our behalf..?" He uttered calmly, finally realising my intentions.

"Why, of course, you guys are our saviours, after all. And if there's one thing I know about entrepreneurship, it's that you should always repay your benefactors two-fold." I answered.

------------------

(A/N) Take what I said with a grain of salt as I was just spitballing that last phrase as there are circumstances that you shouldn't do the aforementioned.

------------------

"So, Elk, do you mind if I spearhead our little business venture here? If you allow me then I'll it's only a matter of time before we get the last laugh. Oh, and while we're at it, I'll demolish this sorry excuse of a company to the ground, one week tops." I stated---no, declared.

Ayanokouji's POV

It was another day for us 8 in this new world we accidentally stumbled upon. Masato and Shinobu quickly set out to accomplish 2 out of the 3 of our objectives---securing financial stability for the village and gathering information. While I'm currently in the midst of doing what I do best, teaching the older children on how to decide their future profession.