Chapter 03 - Problems Keep Arising

Mikogami's POV

"Hmm? Shovels?" I asked, though the answer is obvious.

"Not just any shovel, kuma! It's main composition is aluminum alloy, kuma!" Ringo-kun's virtual helper: Kumausa answered.

"Brilliant, to think that in this short amount of time we've spent in this medieval world you've already advanced to mass-producing aluminum tools." I replied, giving them my honest praise.

"I figured it'd be better if I did since it can help this village in the long run." Ringo-kun explained, to which I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, lightweight yet also durable shovels will make farming and other shovel-required tasks much much easier. I think it's safe to say that the people will be glad." I added.

"I couldn't have finished it this early if not for Masato-san purchasing the resources for manufacturing it." She replied humbly.

"That's true, when it comes to scammi--erhm earning money, no one can hold a candle to him." I responded.

"Mh! He's such a lifesaver." Ringo-kun remarked whilst cutely yawning at the end.

"Ah! I'm sorry, even though we were in the middle of a conversation..." Ringo-kun uttered apologetically.

"No need to worry about such a trivial thing. In fact, you should rest if you're actually tired." I voiced out.

"Eh? But Tsukasa-san, didn't you come here because you needed my assistance?" She asked in a confused manner.

"No no, I visited you because I figured that you were working too hard. And as I thought, you were." I replied, clearing up the misunderstanding.

"I-I guess I do need to rest for a while." She spoke, finally giving up the act.

After I finished checking up on her, I exited the ancient ruins-like cave. After I stepped out, I noticed that the rays of sunlight didn't permeate my body like usual. I pivoted my head upwards and took notice of the clouds almost blocking the entire sky, which could only mean that water droplets are building up in those clouds and are nearing precipitation---otherwise known as rain.

"It appears that not only Ringo-kun but also the others are feeling fatigued from adapting to our new lifestyle." I voiced out while walking towards the village.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a soft, gentle, and cold substance landing onto my head. Initially, I assumed that it was starting to rain but when I got a close look at it, it was snowflakes gracefully falling down to the ground.

"Merchant's name will definitely spread all throughout Freyjagard Empire with all the chaos he's imposing on their economy." I spoke to no one in particular.

As I was conjuring up our future plans, my ears suddenly registered a few villagers talking nearby while also doing what I presumed to be as laundry. They voiced out their complaints about the cold season being hard to do tasks. I understood their concern as doing laundry by hand is tedious, to say the least. Without a washing machine, you'd have to manually scrub your clothes by hand.

It seems simple at first but if you have mountain of clothes to go through you'll start to notice your hands---more specifically your palms, will go numb and skin will eventually start to peel due to the constant scrubbing, not to mention the chemicals that also collide with your hands. With this knowledge in mind, I now knew what our next infrastructure was going to be.

Sanada's POV

"I-impossible..! The report about no products flowing in the company was true?!" The fatso exclaimed in bewilderment.