Prologue

"Thank you so much!" I feel so happy to have a few days off for the vacation I was planning. I know my parents will be so happy, they can finally have a break. I said bye to the lieutenant and left the room. I'm gonna get home as soon as I can and tell them the good news.

As I left the building I got a call. It was from my mom. I wonder why would she call at the moment. I picked up the call.

"Honey! Come home right now! Your uncle, he-" mom said like she was in a panicked state.

And then I heard a crash and then the call got off. I knew something was wrong, I rushed to my car and drove like a maniac going through all the red lights and going off the speed limits. I needed to get there as soon as I can.

As the house came into view, I saw it IN FLAMES! I got out, called 911 and ran to the door, there wasn't any fire near the entrance but it was spreading fast. I ran up the stairs in panic. The smoke was making breathing difficult, but I had to get to my parents room. But when I saw the door to their room, it was in flames! Panicking, I searched all the rooms I could before I would pass out from the smoke.

When I was climbing down the stairs suddenly one of the planks made me trip. I fell face flat, but when I got up I saw the fire spreading towards the gas. I tried running as fast as I can, but then the flames got to the gas can and it exploded. I could feel my ears ringing as I was thrown out of the house by the force and then everything went black

_____

My ears were ringing, there was pain all over my body. And I was in a different room. I felt panic fill me as I remembered what happened last night, and then I remembered. Mom and dad, where the hell are they? I saw a nurse coming up towards me and her eyes became wide and her tray fell to the ground. She looked like she'd seen a ghost. And then I realized.

It was me who she was shocked from.

"Doc! She is awake!" She said like she witnessed a miracle.

Doctors and nurses came running into the room as I wondered what the hell happened and why is everyone surrounding me like I woke up from the dead.

I didn't want the answer to that question. "Why the hell are you all surrounding me! And where is my mom and dad!?" I needed to know. I need to find them. I need to know what happened.

"Mam, please calm down. But I'm sorry to inform you that your parents are dead. They have been dead for almost a year now, and you were in a coma after we found you at the accident. As you just woke up, we need to check if you're okay or not"

I felt pain, not from the wounds on my body but from the death of my parents. They were my whole world. I don't need to live anymore now, but I need to find answers. I need to recall the night.

After the doctors left. I tried recalling the night, but I couldn't remember everything, it had missing pieces. I need to find those missing pieces and put everything in place.

_____

It was midday and I was curling up in my bed, trying to remember everything but I couldn't. I didn't want to go to work. I wanted a break, but moreover I needed to find out everything that happened that night.

Suddenly the door bell rang, and I went to get it. It was Maddison it was my best friend, I had completely forgotten about her and focused on my parents.

She tackled me to the ground and said "YOU BITCH, WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU! I missed you so much and I wanted to punch you in the face for not coming back, but now you're here and you're not even giving me a call!" She sounded mad but relieved at the same time. I'm glad that she is safe and I felt a chuckle leave me when I realized she is still the same good old Maddie.

"I'm sorry, but I completely forgot about you and kept my focus on finding out what happened to my parents and the cause of the fire. I'm so sorry" I know she will kill me right now for forgetting about her.

"I'm glad that you're alive and okay. Just to let you know, I'll be crashing here for a few days" she said with a big grin on her face.

_____

It was midnight and Maddie still hasn't been home yet. I wondered what was her job, she told me she had quit her job the night before the accident. As I was pacing around the room, suddenly I got a call. It was from my uncle. I hate that bastard, but I was also curious to what he wanted so I picked up the call. And then I got Déjà vu.

The phone fell from my hand, from shock. I could hear my uncle saying something but I couldn't hear anything as the world around me stopped as I realized.

It wasn't an accident, but it was pure murder. My parents got killed by my uncle.