Chapter 1

"Girl? You okay? You've been pacing around the room like you're mad or something."

"I've been so dumb this whole time! UGHHH!" I said as I threw a plate on the wall and it shattered into pieces. "That dickhead killed my parents!"

"Calm down. Damn, girl chill. We'll find a way to avenge your parents's death, don't worry. She hugged me, I felt glad to have her here but I can't let her join me with my revenge. She can't come, she can't die because of me.

I took a deep sigh and got ready to tell her that she can't join me. I know she will be ballistic about it, but do I have a choice? No.

"Maddie. Listen, you can't join me in my revenge. I'm sorry but I don't want you to die because of me. This is a matter of death and life. I don't want you gone too." I was trying to stop the sobs from leaving me, but I just broke down into tears.

"Don't cry Len. Please don't cry" she also broke into sobs. We both cried like the world was about to end.

_____

As the sun shone brightly into the room, my eyes took some time to adjust to the brightness of the room.

I got up and made myself some breakfast. Waffles and maple syrup. It was my favorite food and always cheered me up when I was sad or upset. But now it doesn't work anymore. I miss everyone. I cut Maddie off after that night, I don't want her to be in trouble because of me.

I finished my breakfast and I decided that I was gonna find out more information on my uncle.

I searched him up on google but nothing came up. Even though he was a business man, there was no info on him. Nothing useful at least. As I scrolled through the information I got a call, it was from my uncle. I picked up the call.

"Hello darling. I've missed you." I know he's lying. I'm pretty sure he's mad that I woke up.

" Hello uncle. What is it that you want?" My voice was filled with venom.

"Mad aren't you? I wonder why?."

"What the fuck do you want? You killed my parents and now your acting so cool and nice."

"Well, well. Looks like little Len finally remembers. Don't worry my dear, you'll face the same fate as your beloved parents soon. And you can finally be together with your parents." And then he started laughing. What a lunatic. I scoffed at his statement. Like as if that will come true.

"Keep dreaming, because you'll be the one in hell." I said proudly with a bright smile. I know that he knows I'm smiling. And then he just cut the call. Poor guy got offended.

I looked at the ceiling, wondering what would be happening if my uncle didn't exist. If my parents would still be here or not.

Life is hard. It gives false hope and makes one suffer. They might be all happy and all and then out of nowhere their life becomes miserable, which leads most to suicide. Hope is something that never lasts forever, because in the end they will be left miserable by their false 'hope'.

I brushed my thoughts away and I continued finding information on that bastard. As I scrolled through all the articles and pictures, an article caught my eye 'billionaire businessman's opinions on his family members murder'. I wonder what he has to say about my parents. As I read the article, a smirk formed on my face. He thinks he's an actor now. I burst into laughter reading it. He doesn't care about us, he's just faking it. Only if anyone realizes it.

I got bored eventually by reading all those stupid articles filled with lies. So I decided that I was going to get myself some weapons. Self defense is important right now. He could hire people to kill me, so I'm going to be prepared.

_____

As I entered the mall. The noise and everything made my ears hurt. I haven't completely recovered, because my ears keep ringing from time to time. But right now it's not that bad.

I got in the weapons shop. I used to be so fascinated by all those weapons. I searched around the store and found the knives sections.

As I reach the section I let out a gasp. "Wow." Those knives are so shiny and perfect. I saw a knife that caught my attention. I walked towards that knife. When I got near it, I took it in my hands.

It was perfect

It was perfect. It was an all black pocket knife with a lined lock so it doesn't accidentally closes when using it. And it was really sharp. I love it!

I took that knife and some other knives and a few rifles and guns. I have to grab a lot for extra safety.

"Mam, do you want to engrave anything into the knife? It will only take a few minutes."

I was ecstatic. I didn't want to sound so excited so I cleared my throat and said normally "Yes."

"Okay, great! Just write it down on this paper and it'll be done within no time."

I wrote it down on the paper and gave it to the woman. I waited patiently because I want it to look perfect.

"Alright. It's done. Anything else?"

"Nope."

As I got out of the store, I took the knife out of the bag and read the words engraved into it.

'Revenge will be sweet bitch'