vi | I See the Light

┌────── ⋆

┌────── ⋆. · ☆ · .⋆ ──────┐

I  See the Light

└────── ⋆. · ☆ · .⋆ ──────┘

Obi-Wan and Cori'iana came to a stop in the grass clearing that seemed to be sectioned off for the new queen and former monarchs. The wind blew gently, causing Obi-Wan to catch the faint scent of lilacs coming from Cori'iana. He cleared his throat, startling Cori'iana who glanced at him curiously.

"Tickle in my throat," Obi-Wan responded with a soft smile, despite a glance from the former queen telling him that she didn't quite believe him.

"You'll stay here," Cori'iana told him. Her words weren't posed as a question - they were stated as an order. Having spent time with Obi-Wan before, she knew he didn't defy orders lightly.

Obi-Wan nodded his head, which made Cori'iana smile gently. She gently brushed her hand against his arm before she walked away from him, toward the other monarchs. When she was no more than ten steps away from him, she turned to look over her shoulder to make sure he was still there. Obi-Wan arched a brow at her - as if he were questioning why she didn't trust his word. But it wasn't that she didn't trust him. In her experience, people always seemed to leave, even if she had ordered otherwise.

Cori'iana walked about a dozen more steps before looking back once more. This time Obi-Wan stood there with his arched brow and his arms folded across his chest. She couldn't help but giggle at his expression, which softened his into a grin. Cori'iana's heart seemed to do a small flip at his smile which was directed at her before she turned and continued her trek.

Dordirri'ih was the first of the former monarchs Cori'iana spotted. Although with her skirts being at least twice that of anyone else, she wasn't hard to miss. Cori'iana was quite thankful she had chosen a much more sensible outfit because her grandmother was directing her handmaidens on how to remove the foliage caught in her train.

Knowing that tradition dictated the order and wanting to stay as far away from her grandmother's demands as possible, Cori'iana stood beside her predecessor and former Naboo monarch Réillata. Her predecessor offered Cori'iana a smile and reached out her hand to draw her closer. "Almost done," Réillata whispered.

"Does it get easier?" Cori'iana asked, unable to release the tension in her shoulders.

"I'll let you know when I find out," Réillata responded as she squeezed Cori'iana's hand.

Cori'iana sighed. "That's not very reassuring."

Réillata chuckled. "I love my life outside politics and the monarchy, but I find myself feeling a bit restless. Perhaps it will pass. Maybe the pomp and circumstance of a new monarch are causing it and things will settle back into a normal rhythm soon enough."