Removing chapters for publication

Why do I keep doing this?

Well, before I dive into it, basically I plan to publish this in the fall and in order to start promoting now, I need to remove the chapters from free websites since they have the first draft.

Meanwhile, this book is getting finished and edited.

I honestly didn't expect my books to do so well in the publication world, and that means I have to ride the wave while it's still going. Taking the time to finish this book on Wattpad is not a wise publication decision, especially as I gain more visibility in the publication world. And I really want to keep up the hype while I have it! Ryder has over 100 ratings on Goodreads right now!!! I know Jane can garner the same, but I need to start pushing it now.

This is my final book I'll be putting on here in a while.

I plan to make Rubies a Wattpad book when I get back to it, but for right now I'm focusing on Ryder sequel, Jane, then Wolves of Harland.

I love the nostalgia of this site deeply and all the readers I've met, but the site doesn't feel worthwhile, overall. One of the biggest incentives to posting a whole novel for free has been the engagement, votes, and seeing your story climb the ranks and maybe even break 100k reads. That doesn't really exist on Wattpad anymore, and I've seen countless authors (even Stars) encounter the same issue.

I've applied to Wattpad's official programs many, many times but I never hear back. Which puts me in a place of balancing between continuing to publish on here for free, or fully move to publication world where I'm starting to pick up some steam. I am mostly posting this for full transparency rather than ghosting you all and removing the book with little explanation.

I know it's time to focus on getting this finished for editing.

The good news is that this book will be published in the near future, fully edited, and with some new scenes ❤️ I also plan to put character art in the paperback!!! It's going to have a really big launch.

I'll post updates as they occur for release date, when it publishes, etc

Thank you to those who have engaged with this story and made me see its potential. I hope the final product makes you happy ❤️