A TOTAL MESS

Nishtha's pov

"Bhai don't get me wrong but I think getting them married is a way to maintain the reputation we have" darshan's bua said and I lost it.

All the drama over just sleeping in his room was enough to handle and now this lady was bombarding a new problem.

Without any doubt I can say I hate this lady with all my guts. How can she just points at my character as if she's talking about her fav soap opera.

Not only me everyone was clearly fed up with her and when I thought it was over darshan interrupted "bua please I respect you a lot and that's the reason I wasn't saying anything but this matter concerns two families and it isn't a piece of cake to get married,have you given it a thought why in the first place she was here? No why would you? You'll just stick to your assumptions moreover when she is right at her place why would you compel someone into taking such a decision?! I saw you as an understanding and mature lady but I think I was wrong somewhere" and to put an end to this conversation uncle shooed her away somehow!

This man right in front of me, I always knew he was special, he cared and no matter how many times I try to deny my feelings, he will just flicker his eyes and I'll fall all over again for him and what he did right now, my respect for him increased million times.

I thought now we all could feel at ease but the moment I looked towards mumma papa, they were looking at me with an unknown expression and deep down I knew what was coming next but I was clearly not ready for all this.

It's been a week since that lady created chaos in our lives and here I was tangled up with my thoughts on my marriage.

Ughhh yeah marriage!!

The very next day after she left uncle came to my apartment and talked to my parents about everything and they settled over a decision of tying us together.

Never in my dreams I ever thought about all this but now I was afraid and so messed up with my thoughts.

It wasn't about darshan, I clearly trusted him, I have seen his vulnerable eyes speaking volumes.

How he looks so guilt stricken even when it was never his fault.

The problem was if it was some other guy I would have never even thought twice before denying the proposal but with him I have seen that spark in my family's eyes.

They won't say it openly but I have seen how they want us to give it a chance and think over it.

And today was the day I had to decide.

From past 3 years I was running away from him so that I can get over those giddy feelings but life is all about unexpected surprises.

That was it. I decided to give it a chance, give us a chance and stop running from my own feelings.

The moment I entered the living room mumma was there only as if waiting for me.
Maybe it was apparently true.
A spark of hope and a fear of denial, that's all I saw in her eyes and I just murmured a light "yes" and left for the working day ahead.

Darshan's pov:

Everything is been a clear mess from past few days and it was all because of the idea that bua ji gave.

I wasn't unaware of my feelings but it was all so sudden and hard for her.

Half heartedly I wanted her to say yes but the another half used to keep me awake at nights, because this wasn't how everything was supposed to happen.

And when pappa told me about her decision I was shocked.

In past days I have seen her assuring me through her beautiful eyes that it'll be all fine, but never in my dreams I expected her to agree, not because we had conflicts rather because she was the one who left everything behind years back, if not then maybe things must have been different.