Smuggling cupcakes

Nishtha's pov:

The hall was beautifully lit with golden lights and fancy hangings. Colourful peonies and marigold everywhere. And even after all this there was something missing.

Nervous and confused I descended with mumma and my friends. Everyone was busy in their own when I saw his friends. The moment they caught a glimpse of us all of them slid to either sides revealing him.

 The moment they caught a glimpse of us all of them slid to either sides revealing him

And the very moment everything felt perfect.

The shine, the sparkle which was missing found its way and added stars to the already lit hall.

Just like the last piece of Tetris, he completed me, him, us.

In a brief second he looked towards me and everything else faded. It was just his eyes that were looking through me. Holding my gaze he gave the most beautiful smile; one which has the power to melt whole world into a puddle, but the fact that it was for me made it more special. For me.

Blushing under his gaze I peeled of my eyes, not able to withstand those eyes. And within a blink of eye we were near him.

Mumma slowly patted on my back and gave me a smile full of assurance which screamed everything will be fine.

Somehow controlling the emotional lava inside of me I took a step forward but this ain't a fairy tale bub!

Yupp I tripped !!

On what ? Ahhh ON AIR !!!

And here I was getting married (-_-;)

Hell with this marriage I can't even walk properly!!!

But my so called prince charming held me.

"Hey hey watch out! I thought I'll have to do a lot of things but you fell this easily into my charade" that smirk!!!

Arrgghhhh I so want to erase it.

I glared at him with the intensity that glaciers would have melted but it was darshan we were talking about and he didn't even budged :)

"Mr Raval you watch out. I can go back to my room and sleep then we will see who will you get engaged with ?! Air ?!" I quoted air part with my hands. Which made him think for a sec but just for a sec not even a nanosecond more.

"There are lot of beautiful girls here nishtha and anyone will get ready. It won't be my loss but unfortunately I can't say the same for you." he shrugged as if his statement didn't made me uncomfortable. Something shifting deep inside my heart.

Maybe he read my expression that was the reason before I could even think more his hand clutched mine and his warmth engulfed me in comfort. Giving a light squeeze he whispered "I can never even think about it and you know this."

Yes I knew.

"Baccho baatein baad mein hoti rahengi, pehle rasm puri kar lete h" uncle said.

But I was so tangled in my thoughts. I wasn't able to comprehend the fact that I was in denial for this long. Things turned out in our favour but that doesn't overshadow the fact that I could have lost him. Forever.