Back In The Past

Snowball opened his eyes.

The first thing he saw was a crocodile.

He screamed instinctively and backed away.

Derick cocked an eyebrow. "Snowball? Why are you afraid? It's me, Derick!"

Snowball gulped. Who wouldn't be afraid of a crocodile?

Then he remembered.

He gazed at his long lost friend. "Derick?" He smiled. "It's really you!"

They hugged.

A pig and lizard then also became visible.

"Tattoo! Dragon!"

He looked around. Everyone was still here.

Snowball then growled and hit Derick in the muzzle. "You real idiot! Why would you guys leave me?"

Derick's eyes widened. "We searched and searched! We just couldn't find you!"

A black and white cat from the crowd rolled her eyes. "Yeah he did." She whispered sarcasticly to a chihuahua next to her.

"Where have you been?" Tattoo asked. Snowball was ready to answer until a voice interrupted him.

"Enough. Let me talk to the newcomer."

Snowball gulped. He haven't met the guy, and the voice already sounded dark as these sewers and rough as the floor which stung his foot fur.

Lizard, Tattoo, and Derick stepped aside as a rottweiler came into view.

Snowball gulped.

"Name's Weeler. You must be Snowball, their former leader, I took over when there was no one left to lead."

"Uh, thanks." Snowball said, then looked around. He remembered the exit, he just wanted to get out of here, Molly would be worried sick when she came from school and found her bedroom empty.

"Welcome back!" Tattoo said. "You may not be leader again, but you sure as important." He glanced at the rest. "Let's cheer it up for him everyone!!!"

"Snowball! Snowball! Snowball! Snowball!"

The rabbit could only gulp.

Where are you guys?

Daisy, Mel, and Buddy made their way deeper into the sewers, groaning in disgust.

"I never thought we'll come back here again." Buddy murmured.

Daisy cocked an eyebrow. "Why would you come here in the first place?"

Buddy and Mel shared a glance before returning their to look at her.

"Well.."

Later...

"...and that's how we saved Max and Duke from drowning." Finished Buddy.

Daisy stood there, she had stopped paying attention when they mentioned Snowball was once with a group of rebel animals. She didn't believe it.

He was sweet.
Kind.
And helpful.

How was that supposed to make any sense?

"You mean...he's a bad rabbit?"

Buddy immediately shook his head. "Of course not. We're all young at some points in our lives, we don't know what's wrong or right." His voice turned dark. "But if we stay that way longer than it should be..."

They both gulped.

"Hey, guys, I hear something!" Mel said from behind them.

"That's nice to hear, Mel." Buddy said, not really paying attention.

"I think I can now see it..."

"Mmm-hmm." Daisy said.

"Oh, it's fast. It sounds like waves."

"Mel, just be a bit more silent, okay?"

Mel turned from the water bigger than them heading their direction, but remained silent.

Buddy suddenly stopped. "Do you feel your paws getting...wet?"

Before Daisy could reply, a huge wave of water scooped them up, luckily, Buddy grabbed into a pipe with his teeth and grabed his friends by his hind legs, with all his might, he manage to get all of them in dry ground.

Buddy and Daisy then glared at Mel.
"Why didn't you say something?"

Mel rolled his eyes but continued walking.