Close...Yet So Far

"Doom! Doom! Doom! Doom!"

Daisy's ears rose from the chant that seemed real, yet blurry, like a dream.

She didn't need to ask Buddy or Mel if they heard it too, all dogs looked into the same direction, their spine fur rising with fright.

Mel glanced at Buddy before speaking in a frightened whisper.
"You don't think..."

Buddy nodded.
"Snowball, come on!"

They all ran towards the sound.

"Dang he's gonna get it!"
"Make it slow and painful!! I love it that way!!"
"See ya in the underworld Snowball!"

The rabbit's heart wouldn't stop beating as he was led deeper into the sewers. He knew he had once walked here before, it smelled familiar, but he just couldn't put his paw on it...

Derick walked on two beside him, the large lizard was playing with his fingers in awkwardness. "If it makes you feel better, I can ask Wheeler to make you a grave right beside the Viper's, and with your name as Killer Machine. You always wanted to be called like that, remember? Watcha say?"

"I love it!!" The rabbit spat sarcastically.

"Good!"

Snowball facepawed.

Then was thrown into the ground, deep.

Once hitting the floor, the rabbit gritted his teeth in pain, then weakly rose up before staring weakly at the rest of the Flushed Pets, who looked really far up. He hoped it was from his headache.

Wheeler drew his tongue through his teeth with pleasure. "I love my job."

All Snowball could do now was see around him. Down here, it looked like he was in some sort of tall tunnel, taller than all the sewer towers combined actually, but it didn't have water. He looked straight forward, but only darkness stood at the end.

He then looked down,
Train Tracks.

...

...

...

Train.

Tracks.

Now knowing what this meant, the rabbit desperately tried to hop back up, away from this tunnel. No use, while being a good jumper, he simply couldn't reach.

Seeing the scene happening below them, Tattoo looked anxiously at his former leader before looking back at his new one. "Hey uh, don't you think we might be going a little, teensy-weensy just by an inch...too far?" He finished the sentence with a dry laugh.

Wheeler growled back at the pig. "My gang, My rules."

Snowball then cried helplessly.

"Heeeeeeeelp!!!"

Stopping at once, Daisy gazed from where the familiar voice sounded before running. "Come on!"

The sound of the train horn made Snowball's heart stop beating for what seemed like an eternity and made his blood feel like the coldest eyes.

Two lights, far away, faint and small, then came into sight.

He began to run all over the place. "Please!" He yelled as loud as he could. "Somebody, anybody, help me-!!"

"I'm right here Snowball!" Daisy poked her head from under one of the train tracks, a hole surrounded her. "Hurry! Get in here!" She then turned to see two lights getting closer to them. "Quickly!"

The rabbit didn't need to be told twice.

The Flushed Pets couldn't help but flinch as the train passed by from where the rabbit was.

It was then silent.

Heeler scowled back at the now empty train tracks. "I'll see you in the afterlife, rabbit." He growled.