49

"Daddy, I missed you!"

I said as I walk down the stairs. Nagulat ako when I saw him. Magpapaluto lang sana ako ng Kare-kare but then I saw him entered our house with lots of pasalubong carried by his bodyguard and driver.

"Me too, Hija. I brought pasalubong for you and for my grandchild."

"Aw. Ang aga naman nan, Dad. You don't have to. Makita lang kita, okay na. But thank you very much."

"Anything for my Princess. So— I see you're doing good. How's your check-up?"

"Everything's fine, Dad. Me and the baby's okay."

"That's good. I called your husband I told him that I'll surprise you and to asked him about my proposal."

"And?"

"He didn't accept it."

"See— I told you."

Naupo kami pareho ni Daddy sa couch. He holds my hand saka nagpatuloy.

"I don't understand, Hija. Is he having some— you know, pride and ego moments?"

"Not at all, Dad. But you remember nung in-appoint ko siya as one of the Directors?

"Yeah. He talked to me about it. I can't believe he doesn't want to be involve in our family business. Minsan naiisip ko, if he's been supportive of you when it comes to running our hospital. This is just temporary. Until you gave birth."

"Dad, its not like that, okay? He's supportive of me. Its not his thing. Yun lang po. Hayaan na lang natin. And besides, I already have a solution. I'll update you as soon as possible."

I can see disappointment from my Father's eyes. Ayoko din namang kausapin ulit si Gerald about this. Alam ko na kung anong magiging sagot niya.

"Okay, enough of that. I am very excited for you. I'm sure your Mom up there is so proud that you will soon become a mother."

"Me too, Dad. I just wish she was here. Do you think I'll be a good mother?"

"Of course, Hija. I never doubt that."

"Thank you, Daddy. I love you."

"I love you too, my Princess."

We talked about more of our expansion in Cebu and according to Dad, by the end of the first quarter next year, it will be open. Tamang tama lang daw na nakapanganak na ko sa baby namin ni Gerald.

There's so much things to do and I suddenly felt guilty for being pregnant this early. Though I don't feel any regret. Naisip ko lang, I am the CEO now pero wala akong magawa kundi hayaan si Dad na gumawa nang mga dapat kong gawin.

We open some of his pasalubong and I was surprised na most of it are for a baby boy.

"Dad— so I assume that you're expecting a grandson from us?"

"Well, malakas lang ang pakiramdam ni Daddy. Are you sure you don't want to set-up a gender reveal?"

"No, Dad. We decided not to throw a party for that. Actually, Anne wants me to but we like the traditional more. As long as the baby's okay and healthy, whether it is a boy or a girl, we will be equally happy."

"If you say so, Anak. Basta sa palagay ko, baby boy yan."

As much as Dad wants to stay, he needs to go home na at hindi na mahihintay si Gerald. Ipinaakyat ko na ang mga pasalubong ni Dad sa baby room na ipinaayos ni Gerald saka umakyat sa home office namin.