Chapter two: Corner shops

"Ok so what was it we needed?" Meelis called back cruising ahead on their long board

George, who was out of breath from trying to keep up with them, huffed "Bread, milk, eggs, tea bags, hot chocolate, fish fingers, chips, sugar and burgers"

"Oh yeah, i need to get a pack of lighters as well, mine keep going missing." They murmered before looking back at him "Are you sure you dont want to get on, Jee-or-egg, you seem pretty tired"

"No. I'm fine. Just slow down a little" he huffed

"Sure, Baby" they smile

"You need to stop calling me that, people might get the wrong idea" he chuckled

"But you're just a little baby" they say pinching his cheeks

"I'm a year younger than you."

"Exactly, just a little baby" they smile at him.

------------------------------------------------------------

The two soon made it to the shops and got what they needed, of course it wasnt without some teasing from Meelis and an argument breaking out about something stupid.

They were now on their way back to the house; six bags between the two of them, only two filled with the stuff they went to get. Meelis still road on their board, even if the british tarmack was out to kill them, and George still lagged behind huffing and puffing.

They were almost home when Meelis finally saw their favourite corner shop. they slowed to a stop and turned to george "I'm gonna go get some bits real quick, wait for me?" they asked. George just nodded and stood with their stuff as they crossed the road and entered the shop.

"Meelis!" the man at the counter greeted

"Hey rajesh! can i get a 50g packet of gold leaf and a... ooo, you got new flavours, a peach ice vape please" they asked with a big smile on their face

"Of course, anything for my favourite customer!"

Rajesh was a short man with dark skin and black hair. His eyes were peircing green and would comfort any one who came into his shop. They had known him for many years now, maybe even longer than Lockwood. He had helped them with food before they had a stable place to live.

"So..." he began "Anything happening with this Anthony I hear so much about?" he places their items on the counter infornt of him

"You know its not like that, Raj, hes my employer and friend, thats all."

"Is he a good man?" he asks

They smile handing over £25.

"What are you doing, mi amor" oh and he also lived in Paris for a while so he thinks he's fluent in french "This is entirely too much"